How To: Repair curb rash and paint rims

Thanks a lot!!

probably paint mine next weekend~
will glossy black with red lip look good on black p5?or graphite grey?gunmetal or flat black?any suggestion?

Thanks a lot!!

probably paint mine next weekend~
will glossy black with red lip look good on black p5?or graphite grey?gunmetal or flat black?any suggestion?

I would go with the black with a red lip if you are going to add other red accents to the car. Bronze and gold also look amazing on black cars so thats what I would go with. To warn you though if you are going with the black with a red lip just know it is a lot of work so just be prepared for that and take your time.

im thinking about painting my rims from this :
IMG_2353.jpg

to this :
ali1.png

but the problem is... im afraid of ruining my rims... those "holes" between the branches...i afraid i wont be able to paint correctly through them. im afraid it will leave drip marks.
heres a close up of the rims so that you know what im talking about :
IMG_2345.jpg

ive done some painting before lip trunk bumper. but im afraid of ruining the rims. what do you guys think? i should be able to do it myself or should i wait and send them to a pro?

is it possible to do them with cans or is it not recommended on that kind of rims ?

Last edited:
if you dont feel comfortable doing it, then dont...simple as that
most people use spray paint, but using a spray gun with automotive paint would be even better, just a bit more difficult to get in between the spokes and what not

and you cant ruin rims with paint, if it turns out bad, strip them down and start over

if you dont feel comfortable doing it, then dont...simple as that
most people use spray paint, but using a spray gun with automotive paint would be even better, just a bit more difficult to get in between the spokes and what not

and you cant ruin rims with paint, if it turns out bad, strip them down and start over

i feel confortable doing them. paint doesnt scare me lol. the thing is
the stuff ill have to buy to do it isnt cheap, and i dont wanna waste 80something $ and have to start over and send them to a pro. waste of time and money.

also from what i understand of what ur saying is that spray paint would be easier to use between the spokes than a spray gun ?
if yes then im not afraid. i just wanted to know if someone did that on similar rims.

thanks again. sorry for the list of questions

the prep and paint on these wheels will be tedious and difficult. lots of tight spaces and surfaces pointing in all directions. you'll have to make sure you build up light layers of paint sprayed in all directions/angles in order to get even coverage in all the nooks and crannies. certainly not impossible, it will just take a lot of labor and attention to detail to do it right.

Has anyone on here paint wheels with out tires being mounted? Just wondering if the paint will hold up through the mounting process. I just picked up some rx8 wheels and want to paint them gun metal, but i do not want to bring out all my powder coat stuff, since my oven weighs a ton.

Back