How To: Kill your turkeys

I'm not anywhere near my car right now but I need to order the relocate kit from ********** asap. Anyone know the piping size for the Turbohoses IC pipe kit? Is it 2"? 2.25"?
Thanks!

I just noticed that my above post was edited. Did I do something wrong by saying someones name? I ask because I'm curious and don't want to break the rules. I've been looking for posting rules but have come up empty. Maybe I'm blind.

*disregard last....I think I've found it.

Last edited:
I just noticed that my above post was edited. Did I do something wrong by saying someones name? I ask because I'm curious and don't want to break the rules. I've been looking for posting rules but have come up empty. Maybe I'm blind.

*disregard last....I think I've found it.

The site has filters for words that get edited out. I learned as well. Its on a sticky too.

As far as I know there are two different types of turkeys. One is caused by compressor surge where the compressed gases from your turbocharger travels back through the pipes into the turbo (the wrong way) that causes it to stall and flutter. This is really bad for the turbo since it's going super fast one second and then decelerating, causing tremendous forces on the bearings. The other kind is not bad (but some don't like the sound) and happens when the low boost part of your BOV (example in the HKS) opens. Running a dual set up with a BOV and a bypass valve allows the bypass valve to bypass that air in low boost and the BOV will vent normally in high boost. You'll probably still hear a bit of your bypass valve like when the car is stock, but it definately won't be as loud as the BOV in low boost. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

For myself, I'm running a HKS BOV right now and have gotten ride of my bypass valve. I'm thinking of running dual set up. Can anyone tell me how to put my bypass valve back into the system?

Last edited:
Back