How to kill door chime in Mazda6/Atenza?

MadBiker

Luv my MP5!
:
2002 Protege5
Guys I just did this mod on my 3rd Gen Protege and its just awesome. Was hoping someone has figured out how to do it on a Mazda6/Atenza (I have a 2005 Atenza JPN version).

Searched the web but came up with nothing - Gurus and geeks, please help! If anyone figures it out, it'll be a great How-To. I'd like to figure it out but I'm an automotive mechanic wannabe....

(Edit: by "door chime" I mean the chime that sounds when you have the key in ACC and you open the door - that non-stop chiming is what I want to kill while keeping courtesy light function)

Last edited:
basically just gotta find out where the noise if coming from and kill it ;)

how was it done on the protege? may be a similar setup

Yeah I took the intrument panel completely out and took off the polypropylene back cover and even identifed the chime device on the circuit board. Soldering iron to remove the device from the circuit was NOT an option lol.

The Protege5 How-To is here:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43417

Man, I'm hooked on the door chimeless silence.... I was able to find the Mazda6 Service Manuals on line and found what I think to be the connector and terminal that I need to unplug... will be trying it soon.

Is the pin that I need to disconnect on the smaller connector on the cluster, terminal 1i? I think that's the one.... if an electrical expert can confirm for me that would be cool!

Last edited:
on the subarus, to turn off the seatbelt beeping you turn the key to the on possision and then buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 15x in 20 seconds, then turn the car on.

I'm looking for a more permanent solution than clicking that 10 times in 10 seconds then open/close the door 3 times in 2 seconds yadayada....

I thought I'd identified the terminal that needs disconnecting but the connector probably requires a special tool to release the wire. I'm giving up on this unless someone can find a way to do it....

Back