HOW TO: Install an external amp with BOSE HU (Pre-Amps)

unless bose is running some ridiculously high low-level, i doubt it. most amps can accept a low level signal at 8v, which is plenty enough. if you have concerns, you can get a volt meter and check.

If you don't want to splice, then its up to you man. If there is a harness, I have never heard or found it, but that would be nice. As for the silverado, I am pretty sure there is alot more silverados than the speed 3 and therefor alot more demand for luxury items and clean setups.
The bose has 8v preouts?!?!?!?

that is making me feel all eclipsey inside

The bose has 8v preouts?!?!?!?

that is making me feel all eclipsey inside

I never said bose has 8v low-levels. I simply said that many amps CAN accept that. It really doesn't matter how high the low levels. The only limitation is based on the gain, if the low levels are really high, then you need to turn your gain down so you don't clip at the amp. hence the adjustable gain on most amps.

hey those low level imput wires are coax wire right? did you soder them or use something else?

If you are talking about the input wires to the amplifier, then yes I did make them. You can get RCA connects at Radio shack for like 2 dollars. It comes with instructions and its pretty easy. They even have soder-less ones.

If you are talking about the input wires to the amplifier, then yes I did make them. You can get RCA connects at Radio shack for like 2 dollars. It comes with instructions and its pretty easy. They even have soder-less ones.

I bought RCA cables at the dollar store for $1.50 and cut/stripped the wires and crimped them onto the 18 gauge I ran through the car. Even easier than putting new ends on.

Back