How to get electric w/o turning on engine?

Laurel

:
2016.5 CX-5 Touring
Bought a 2016.5 Touring about a month ago and am LOVING IT.

Question: In a car w/o the push-button start, I could turn the key halfway and get access to the electronics - radio, lights, windows, etc. This a.m., I turned off my engine before closing the moonroof and so had to push the button to start the engine again, and it occurred to me: is there a way to get access to the electronics, like the radio or to roll up a window, without pushing the button to start the engine?

If you switch off the engine without shifting to park, the radio etc stays on.
Or, if you don't put your foot on the brake when you press the start button (from switched off) it scrolls through off>accessories>full ignition on (but not engine starting).

I think we've ALL had this same problem/question when we first got our cars. I know I did, then I slapped my forehead when I learned just how easy/obvious it is to turn on accessories. :D

I think we've ALL had this same problem/question when we first got our cars. I know I did, then I slapped my forehead when I learned just how easy/obvious it is to turn on accessories. :D

Some of us make it a point to peruse the owners manual when we get a new car so these issues don't become problems. Usually just takes an hour or so.

Some of us make it a point to peruse the owners manual when we get a new car so these issues don't become problems. Usually just takes an hour or so.

Owners manual is 626 pages; took me a while to get to the pertinent sections. ;)

+1 paris1 , I just looked at the index in my owners manual to get the pages for my questions. Ed

Back