How to decipher tire pressure monitoring system? 2016 CX-5

Wife's 2016 CX-5, named "Poppy".
Tires are at 36, and spare now at 60. Low pressure yellow light came on last weekend; found spare was at ~30 - raised it to recommended 60. Light still on.
Tire place says she might need TPS sensors.
Rock Auto lists sensors for my model, but then I read here that sensing is done via differential rotation speed sensed by the ABS.
So - how do I find out what system I actually have, and if it's sensors, does the spare use one as well?
And how do I "reset" the light?

Thanks all.

Have you checked your owner's manual? Surprisingly, this info is there.

Your 2016 does not have individual pressure sensors for each tire, and certainly not for the spare.

"I read here that sensing is done via differential rotation speed sensed by the ABS."

^^^^^^ This.

Yes to what Conrad said.
I have a 16 Touring (no sensors in the wheels) as well as a 19 GTR which I believe does have the sensors in each wheel although it still doesn't tell you which one is low.

Thanks all - she says:

When I start the car, it goes bing bing bing about four times very loudly and the yellow low tire pressure light stays on the whole time

Yes!
She simply reset per the manual just now, and all is good. I guess it triggered because the tire pressure was uneven; now it's all 36.

Thank you to everyone

Spare tire is not included in TPMS.
Need to check the pressure every yr or 2.
Last time I needed it, and found it had only 35psi ?!

Up to I think 2018 you have to manually reset the tire pressure when you air them up. The button is by your left knee. There is no sensor on the spare

Yes!
She simply reset per the manual just now, and all is good. I guess it triggered because the tire pressure was uneven; now it's all 36.

Thank you to everyone

The system doesn't care if the tires are unevenly pressurized. Once you press the reset button the system now looks for any deviation in what the pressure was at that point. The system looks for any changes, not what the pressure actually is.

Back