How to: Clean your engine with seafoam!

I think I figured it out. When I changed my oil, I also changed the air filter. I guess I got a little aggressive putting it back in and cracked the intake tube. I'll have to try taping it until I can find a new one.

I think I figured it out. When I changed my oil, I also changed the air filter. I guess I got a little aggressive putting it back in and cracked the intake tube. I'll have to try taping it until I can find a new one.

yeah a leak in the intake will cause werid issues like that.

i got a check engine light all of a sudden and it smells like something is burning but my oil is full and clean and it was recently changed 2 weeks ago and there isn't any smoke coming from the exhaust. seafoaming it in a few minutes with my dad, i hope its just sludge or something thats making it stink and light up the cel.

i bet its gonna smoke a lot, gotta get that fixed to get it inspected.

Don't do anything until you pull the code.

Fail. Sometimes the CEL will come on when seafoaming. Just clear the code or disconnect the battery cable and see if it comes back after you've driven all the Seafoam crap out of it.

Fail. Sometimes the CEL will come on when seafoaming. Just clear the code or disconnect the battery cable and see if it comes back after you've driven all the Seafoam crap out of it.

Go back and read the post, genius. He got the CEL BEFORE seafoam.

I ran seafoam a couple months back and the next day I got a CEL. I had to buy a new 1st O2 sensor as the seafoam had ruined it. Maybe it blew carbon into it and clogged the sensor or something, who knows, just beware when using Seafoam.

I ran seafoam a couple months back and the next day I got a CEL. I had to buy a new 1st O2 sensor as the seafoam had ruined it. Maybe it blew carbon into it and clogged the sensor or something, who knows, just beware when using Seafoam.

How many miles where on your MSP when you dd it roughly?

just did mine. added it to the brake booster while running.. but didnt turn off the engine after that..revved it up for a min or 2. blew alot of smoke..(neighbor actually came over and asked if my car was gunna explode LOL).. it threw a CEL so i unplugged the terminal and waited a lil while. and then put it back on,put the other half of the can into the oil. and about a 45 mins later took it for a ride around the block.. no CEL. and it seemed fine. better actually. a little less hesitation. idk ill be able to tell more when i drive it for over an hour to and from class tm.

no. i plan to do it this weekend. the can says u can keep it in for extended cleaning... if not. then i have some oil changing to do tomorrow.. =[

I wouldnt run it too much with the seafoam in there but thats me... From what I have read, my understanding is that it will break down the oil to a point where it might not lubricate your engine properly. Considering you added it to oil that has already been used for at least 3000 miles, I wouldnt trust it!

Back