How to adjust the rear suspension (making the wheel center again)

spot101

Hey guys, a little question for you guys that lowered you your Mazda2, how do you center the wheels again? I know our rear suspension are like the VW's where the lower you go the more forward the wheel go, is there any way to center it again?

Thanks

As far as I know, without redesigning things and/or doing a good amount of fabrication, raise it up again to make them centre.

Why do you need the wheels to be centred though?

Its rubbin on the skirts, figured if there's a way to center it again. Its like your car, the rear wheels are more forward...

Either go with a narrower tire, or go with stiffer spring rates. The only other way I can think of is relocating your whole rear suspension setup upward, so when your car is at it's current height, the rear suspension will be pitched backward to an angle closer (closer, not close to.. depends how far up your relocate it) to stock.

Ahh I see.. Well I can't remember exactly how our rear suspension beam mounts to the chassis, but if we could use a plate like that, I guess that's something you could look into.

FWIW, it looks like the plate would also shove the wheels outwards the thickness of the plate. Might be cutting it too close.

How does it shift the wheels outwards? It just changes the mounting points for the torsion beam to be further back.

won't work in our cars. Here's an image everybody should have :

8a19c086c68b09dd_org.jpg

Latest posts

Back