How To: 2.0 Header Installation

And OBX quality strikes again

My OBX had the 02 bung out in that Wide Open Space about 20 degrees away from where yours is

Only thing i can think is to get an 02 sensor cap, seal up that one, and have a new 02 bung welded into the header

okay guys, im having problems with the 1st o2 sensor... it comes into contact with the brake slave cylinder, and blows a fuse. any ideas how to go around this?

I have never seen that...I would contact your vendor and try to get a replacement. That really sux, and I don't think there is any way to fix it other than a new bung or a replacement.

Where did you get that O2 wire extension from?

Should also be available with your local dealer. I JUST got off the phone with mine, and the price is excellent; 45CAD (keep in mind that CAD is only "worth" ~82% of USD), and add a 10% club discount, and that's cheaper for me up here then through OMP.com...I'm ordering 2 of them :)

Im about to install the same headers once they ship. I dont know anything about a MIL Eliminator though? Where is the post for installation?

hey, so I'm looking at putting a new header on my 2000 protege LX 1.8...my cat is garbage so after looking around on this forum i figure i might as well put a new header on instead of a new cat...i just have a question about gaskets..my car is getting a little old so I'm not holding out much hope that I'll be able to use the old gaskets...do the new headers come with gaskets or is this something I'll have to find myself? Also my car has been through about 9 canadian winters, so does anyone have any idea if there is a chance that i'll be able to get the spring loaded bolts off? THis might be a stupid question but how much different is the noise level with the new header installed? Anyways thats it, thanks in advance!

Thanks for this sweet how-to protege brothers i followed this guide and used the spark plug non fouler trick and now i have a mean looking OBX header on my 02 LX. I fealt a bit more power in the 2000-4000 RPM range. Has anyone done a dyno on this?

hey im debating purchasing headers, and i just want to double check, the MIL mod with the non fowlers only has to be done to the 2nd o2 sensor correct? is there anything that has to be done to the first?

thanks in advance

Actually, I believe it's done to the first o2 sensor, and only do nonfouler (don't need to do MIL). Also, you should only buy one header. Having a spare is nice but not needed.

my 1st 02 sensor is just straight plugged in, no adapters or anything

You'll want the non-fouler on the 2nd 02 down at the J-pipe

You should be able to pick a non fouler up at any local autoparts store, then just drill one of the 2 out and attach

Yup you're right. I realized on the way to dinner that I messed up. Oops! nonfoulers on 2nd o2 sensor and nothing on the 1st.

i've swapped headers on my car enough i can do it easily in my sleep. lol

No worries

Latest posts

Back