how time flies...

MyZmZm

ShiftAccelerategrinRepeat
:
'02 Midnight Mica Blue P5
in just over a week i will have had my baby for 5 years, hard to believe it's been that long... and i love her now more than the day i bought her. rattles, noises, quirks and all. (10)

because i was curious, i compiled a list of all the mods i've done to her... it's a little more extensive than i first thought, lol. and before you all ask, NO i am NOT going to add up how much money has been spent on Morrigan. if i do, i'm liable to faint, lol.

as of today:

Factory: Air, Moonroof, 5spd

Performance: Amsoil 5w-30, Redline MT-90 Gear Oil, NSN Motor Mounts (front, both sides), AEM SRI, OBX 4-1 Header, MAM Midpipe w/high-flow cat, Magnaflow Cat-back, Kartboy Exhaust Hangers, B&M S/S, Kartboy & Bronzoil Bushings, Tokico Illumina Struts, Ion Sport Springs, RacingBeat Rear Sway Bar

Appearance:
Exterior: 7/17/52 Tint & Eyebrow, '03 Headlights, VHT-Tinted Tails, Eyelids and Sidemarkers, Mazdaspeedster Upper and Lower Grills, Shorty Antenna, Debadged Hatch, OEM Hood & Moonroof Deflectors, Mazda Devil and ProtegeGarage Decals, Custom Plate
Interior: MPV Wiper Stalk, Mazda3 Leather Shift Knob, Custom Blue HVAC, DaveB Brushed Gauge Rings, Mazdaspeed Pedals
Under Hood: Gujustud Silver Oil Cap & Anodized Blue Battery Tie-Down, Custom-Painted Strut Bar, Smoked Chrome Powdercoated Valve Cover

ICE: Clarion DXZ955MC HU, Clarion SSS500 Components (front), Boston Accoustics FX6 (rear), Clarion APX640.4 Amp, JL 10W1V2 Sub, Dynamat Xtreme (full front doors)

Shoes: 03.5 MSP RH's on 215/45 Falken FK-451's (summer); 02 Stock Rims on 195/50 Kumho KW19's (winter)

Protected by: Compustar, Zaino/Poorboys

Waiting to be installed/on the way: ACT Stage 1 Clutch, Lightened Stock Flywheel, J-Spec Intake Cam, RR Racing Underdrive Pulley w/Gatorback belts, MP3 ECU, MP3 P&P Intake Manifold (p'coated??), NSN Motor Mount (rear), EL Gauge Overlays, Shaundarbie Leather Shift Boot, Custom Sub Box, Professional-Grade Accoustic Insulation

Wishlist: AWR Oilpan, Leather-wrapped Steering Wheel, 03 MSP Seat Skins, Painted Calipers, Radar Detector, fix rust in passenger front door :( and repaint front bumper

i love my car! (wiggle)

Last edited:
Five years, wow. I just passed my 3rd year of ownership the day before my accident.

Lookin at your wish list.. your steering wheel isn't leather wrapped? Or do you just want the much nicer leather on the real nardi wheel?

Kansei said:
Five years, wow. I just passed my 3rd year of ownership the day before my accident.

Lookin at your wish list.. your steering wheel isn't leather wrapped? Or do you just want the much nicer leather on the real nardi wheel?
yeah, tell me about it...

and no, early '02 model ftl when it comes to the steering wheel - mine is not leather wrapped. i'd like a silver & black wheel to match my shift knob, but i'd take a full black one too

This is the 4th year for me, only have 20k miles....

MyZmZm said:

and no, early '02 model ftl when it comes to the steering wheel - mine is not leather wrapped. i'd like a silver & black wheel to match my shift knob, but i'd take a full black one too

hmm that sounds like a canadian thing, I've never seen a P5 without the leather steering wheel

Crazy how fast that stuff adds up huh? I was able to restrain myself for the most part with my Mazda. Probably because I gave up 200HP for 105. I could have just kept the Maxima instead of trying to boost the Protege to that power. I won't be able to hold back on my next car though, which will likely be a WRX. :D

I've had mine from Aug 2005.
Rattles quite a bit being lowered and North Carolina Roads.
Rattles from the dash board (speedometer) urks me the most!

FastMSP said:
This is the 4th year for me, only have 20k miles....
i WISH mine was that low, lol - pushing 98000km for me

chris - i think it was only the very early models that were like that; if you had leather seats you did get the leather steering wheel, but mine are cloth

lisa - yep! :D

paul - haha, yeah i know - that's why i'm not going to even look at the $$. i probably could have nearly paid off my car for what i've dumped into her (shocked) btw, any chance you'd care to make a trip south later this year? Morrigan could use your talents ;)

MyZmZm said:

That's weird, my car was purchased new in 2001 and I have the leather steering wheel. Edit: This seems to have been covered at length (spin)

On another note, you're serious about your car :D Good job.

Last edited:
I'm impressed. Reading your mod list its really close to mine. You have done a nice job on Morrigan.

I wish my mileage was that low. Well some of my parts are that low I think.

At 85K I blew my first motor and installed ddogg777's used 2002 motor & tranny with 28K on them. Then at 113K I installed a MSP (limited slip) tranny and ACT clutch along with the fidanza flywheel. That lasted 200 miles before the tranny locked into 5th gear. So I reinstalled my original 2003 tranny with 85K on it. My odometer is now over 114K.

Holy cow I just impressed myself that I kept that all together with out having to go out to the garage to check my notes. LOL

Keep up the good work. Don't even try to add up the money invested cause you will faint then wake up and cry. Hahaha

rednecks_r_us said:
I'm impressed. Reading your mod list its really close to mine. You have done a nice job on Morrigan.

I wish my mileage was that low. Well some of my parts are that low I think.

At 85K I blew my first motor and installed ddogg777's used 2002 motor & tranny with 28K on them. Then at 113K I installed a MSP (limited slip) tranny and ACT clutch along with the fidanza flywheel. That lasted 200 miles before the tranny locked into 5th gear. So I reinstalled my original 2003 tranny with 85K on it. My odometer is now over 114K.

Holy cow I just impressed myself that I kept that all together with out having to go out to the garage to check my notes. LOL

Keep up the good work. Don't even try to add up the money invested cause you will faint then wake up and cry. Hahaha
heheh you said "invested" like you can eventually get monies back from it :p

the give/take in our Protege5 relationships really sucks haha

are we having a party and some cake for morrigan??(birthday)
ya, they are fun cars to own...mine will be 6 this july and be over 100K miles by then :)
here's the party we threw for my babies 5th last summer...

Attachments

• happy b-day!.jpg
    happy b-day!.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 665
You'll love the shaundarbie boot. :) I've had mine on for at least 15K(?) miles. Put it on in the summer of '05 and I've got 57K miles on the car now.

Back