How much oil do our engines need?

djthom

Contributor
Sorry for the remedial question...i searched in the manual but couldn't find it...

Does our engine take 6 quarts? is 6.5 too much? will it cause a problem?

thanks for the info!

5.7 quarts
did you, BY ANY CHANCE, try and search for this information?
this is getting ******* ridiculous. there is a ton of information all over this ******* site, and also
emot-google.gif

6 qt with filter change, and giving enough time for the turbo to drain. 6.5 will not hurt it will get sucked out through pcv quickly so its pointless. and avoid going over if over too much you can cause problems.

It's definitely in the manual. Mine takes 5 1/2 quarts currently. Next filter, though will be from a Mazda pickup, so I expect it to want about 6 quarts, maybe a touch more.

5.7 quarts
did you, BY ANY CHANCE, try and search for this information?
this is getting ******* ridiculous. there is a ton of information all over this ******* site, and also
emot-google.gif

i did search...but wanted to know if too much oil caused a problem and maybe why it causes a problem...dude relax and have a drink...

It's definitely in the manual. Mine takes 5 1/2 quarts currently. Next filter, though will be from a Mazda pickup, so I expect it to want about 6 quarts, maybe a touch more.

i couldn't for the life of me find it when i was sitting at the oil change place...the guys there didn't know either which kind of too away that warm fuzzy feeling you want when someone is going to work on your car.

No, Swampass....you're confusing the fill quantity with the flush quantity again. Go outside and drain 30 quarts out.

6 quarts with fliter change according to the Mazda service manual...
5.5 and 5.7 quarts is incorrect...thats just people that don't let their cars drain properly.

Official spec is 6 quarts with filter change.

6 quarts with fliter change according to the Mazda service manual...
5.5 and 5.7 quarts is incorrect...thats just people that don't let their cars drain properly.

Official spec is 6 quarts with filter change.

Riiiigggghhhhhttttt.

Back