How much for new P5's?

Bought mine April 15 2003.

-"sport-matic" tranny

-ABS/Air-Bags

-Polished Alloys (I hate these things)

-Sunroof/6 CD

-Leather

MSRP was $20,200. After the rebates and tax and lic, I got it for a little under $18K. They kinda jacked me on the APR though, 3.9%.

i got mine in july 2002, sport auto, leather, moonroof, thats it, sticker said $19200 my dad got it for $17,400

We are selling base 5spd pr5's for 12,890. Just add for any other options. Auto is 850 or 900, I can't remember it off the top of my head. Buzz me if interested.
Mike Miranda
865-690-9395
Mazda Knoxville

s-pricing, is supplier cost. my dad works for DuPont so I got $1600 off the sticker plus the rebate at the time was $1350. It came out to $18800-1600-1350=15850 + tax.

Midnight Blue, manual, ABS/Side Airbags, Moonroof / CD Changer, Leather, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks, Moonroof Air Deflector. No roof rack, included the spare tire sub. MSRP = 19,190. Sale price 15,190 less $500 graduate bonus (I put my recent college graduate daughter on the note) = 14,690. Also got the 7 yr/100,000 extended warranty for $690. When I started I was looking at a used with 10K for 13 with no abs or leather. Glad I waited. :cool:

I'm in Dallas, my salesman said he was selling an identical car in silver to a guy flying in from Baltimore. Apparently manual + ABS + leather is hard to find.

I got mine about a month ago. 2003 (not 2003.5), polished alloy wheels, sunroof/6 disk, wheel locks, temp/compass and manual for around $15,000.

I feel ripped off compared to you guys.... Argh...

I paid TOTAL OUT THE DOOR INCLUDING TAXES etc..

$17,333...

2003.5 Protege 5
INCLUDES:
-AUTO Tranny
-Compass/temp autodim mirror
-rear bumper guard
-roof rack
-wheel locks (stupid piece of crap)

and i live in Ca. I also got jacked on my APR.. 5.9% for a kid (21 year old) who has no assets/liability... I think my APR sux...

Sorry to bring this back guys but I noticed everyone quoting a low price but then never mentioning their APR.

What APR and price did you pay for a P5.

My letter to a dealer tonight was basicly to get me into a P5 for $2000 down and under $230/ month and I did not care how he did it.
Either by rebates or 0%, no matter

Credit rating is outstanding and what do you mean finace with?
I just want to the know the APRs of everyone that said they got the car for 15K and such. $15K is fine but at a 8% APR, no thank you!

like said above it depends on your credit rating and the interest offer your dealership has at the time. 0.0% is nice but not offered on alot of models and I would never go above 4.9. But my credit score is damn near 800.

Anyway my 03.5 p5 with sub but no moonroof or 6 disc (it has single disc) no roofrack the new 16"wheels MT listed for 17,3 sticker.

I bought it for 14,9 which is 4 hundred below dealer cost, i know because i have x-plan and it was lower, much, than that.

I have owned it for 2 months now and have 5400 miles on it and am still Lovin it. I ache for the money to afford the HiBoost turbo kit though =/

I bough mine in June, and they're starting to get scarce in TX. Most dealer just want to get rid of them. I was originally gonna get a base one with an Auto, but the first price they gave me was $15,000 a bit much for the base with the rebate. So I did the whole "get up and leave" trick and the manager ended up offering me the other midnight blue on the lot with the works for the same price, plus an addtional $1000 off. So I got a $19,500 P5 for $14,000. Woo!

OK heres my thought process.
I have a FICA of about 760.
I want a Black P5 with ABS and a standard, no other options mean dick to me. I was hoping with only $2000 and the rebates that i could get the car for under $230 a month on a 60 month buy.

Your thoughts?

If you're expecting rebates, do not expect low (0.0-1.9%) APRs from the dealer. What I meant by "who you're gonna finance with" means if you finance through the dealer, they'll offer higher rates. If you have a credit union, they might be able to get you a lower rate. For example, Mazda down here can only give me 5.9% APR if I take the rebate.. or 0.0% if I don't take the rebate. But, my Credit Union can give me 3.9% APR.. so, it works out good if I take the rebate and go through financing with the Credit Union. Get a financial calculator and take it to the dealer. I did this when we went to buy my girlfriend's 2003 LX. I figured out all the payments before they did just to make sure they wouldn't cheat me.

Edit: Btw, I am a 780 beacon. (this means I have 780 credit score)

Just got Protege5 a week ago. Here are the details:
Silver with leather, abs and side bags, moonroof and 6-disc changer, wheel locks, cargo net and bumper guard. 5 speed manual of course.

Selling price was invoice $17750 minus the $2500 cash back came out to $15250 plus NYC taxes and registration and the grand total paid came out to be: $17000.

Buying it was the easy part, finding it was the hard part. Bought it over the phone from a dealer over 50 miles away. Local dealer couldn't find the car I wanted.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back