how many rear bbk option are currently available? aac , ebay, ksport ?

:
03 MSP OJ
i know aac are developing, but not sure when its gonna get released

i am not really swapping bbk right now, just curious to see whats on the market thats available

i think i searched and only Ksport make varies rear bbk for almost any car.

theres dozen selection from Ksport that fits protege, (price are high tho, 4 piston rear 13" cost around 1500+_)

and i found a ebay bracket that looks similar to the one aac are developing atm.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

it says they fit Mazda Protege 5, ES, MP3 REAR.

does that means they would fit msp rear too?

anyone brought ebay bracket before and worked?

Sorry, didn't see this until now...

there is what you mentioned as far as aftermarket...and biggest factory brakes for the rear would be from a Mazdaspeed 6...the carriers bolt right up, but you need to either use a speed 6 e-brake cable...or switch calipers left and right...which works perfectly fine with the stock cable from what i've seen, but doesn't let them bleed properly in that position...so you simply need to connect the fluid line and let them 'bite' on a rotor width piece of wood with the pads installed for bleeding...then mount them up...Thats the only factory way to get 12.2" rear rotors and some decent sized calipers in the back...

Sadly though, this isn't that cheap either...Mazdaspeed 6 brake components are currently ONLY available through dealerships, or a place selling dealer parts (like crossover auto, ~800 for the full rear kit iirc)...don't follow part stores numbers, they are incorrect...and you'll get standard mazda 6 brake components, which are barely bigger than an msp...

and yeah, your ebay link will fit a MSP if it fits any other 5 lug protege...the hubs/knuckles are all identical between the 5 lug cars...this even extends over to MX6/Probe/626 vehicles from 93 on, as long as they are 5 lug...the knuckles are the same, so everything is interchangeable...the brakes themselves though were all over the place, size wise...so the bracket will mount on the MSP as well...but, you did see those are for Wilwood calipers right? you don't reuse your existing calipers with that...

Back