How far on a tank?

Ahh, throwing Imp gallons into the mix... how may ways can we calculate mpgs here this month?

Don't forget that although the tank is 15.9 US gal, the fill tube is going to hold .5 gal US at least.

That's why I listed all three km/litre, mpg US and mpg Imp.

I see you used to have a 68 Barracuda. I used to own a 67 fast back with the 273 and the Formula S handling package. I loved that car!

I see you used to have a 68 Barracuda. I used to own a 67 fast back with the 273 and the Formula S handling package. I loved that car!

Had a notchback Slant Six 225 1 bbl. Sure its the 2nd lowest engine, but that thing had enough torque to accelerate UP a 5% grade in 3rd gear! We were putting over 30,000 miles annually on the car for a good 3 years and I don't remember my dad ever changing the oil. I don't ever recommend that type of mistreatment, but those old Mopars are tough!

:eek:Managed to kill a full tank (52L) in under 400km (250m). We never left town nor drove further than 30 km in a single trip

I managed to drive 480 miles on my last tank and it only took 13.563 for an MPG of 35.39, which is the highest I've ever got with this car. I'm going to see if I can top the 505 with my next fill-up. I drive 45 miles to work one-way and about 10 of it is highway, the rest is backroads through small towns.

The most I've ever been able to put in my tank was 14.934 gallons.

Had a notchback Slant Six 225 1 bbl. Sure its the 2nd lowest engine, but that thing had enough torque to accelerate UP a 5% grade in 3rd gear! We were putting over 30,000 miles annually on the car for a good 3 years and I don't remember my dad ever changing the oil. I don't ever recommend that type of mistreatment, but those old Mopars are tough!

Had many a Mopar with the 225 Slant Six. Bullet proof engines and as you point out they were torque monsters!

Changing the oil filter was brutal, which is probably what kept your dad from changing the oil. The slant was to keep the center of gravity down and keep the height of the engine low and the oil filter was on the bottom side of the slant.

Drove to Victoria and back on 49 L of gas for 592 km (370 mi/13 gal). 28 mpg, which is great for my kind of driving (75 mph and lots of full throttle action).

wow some nice numbers posted !

I'm averagine 24 MPG city driving, but I've been a bit heavy on the gas heh.

65km on it.

My wife and I average 24-25mpg on our '08 AT in mixed driving. One a recent road trip to Vegas we hit almost 30mpg with an average speed of 70-75mph. I know we've never gone over 400 miles on a tank and have never put more than 14 gallons in the tank.

Normally our Mazda5 doesn't indicate a full tank when you fill it up. The light comes on when you've used 12 gallons on our van.

Seems that most tanks have between 3 and 4 gallons when the light first comes on.

I recently did the timing mod on our 5 and it caused a nice increase in gas mileage. We used to average 275 miles when the light came on and now it consistently hits 300 miles. Haven't taken any road trips with it since the mod though.

I still have a problem with slow filling and possibly not getting a full tank.

Need to list the fuels used when you quote mileage.
I fuel up with E10 10% Ethanol 90% Gasoline. The pump always says may contain up to 10%.
The energy density of E10 is about 33.18 MJ/L Mega Joules per Liter.
87 Octane gas is 34.2 MJ/L
91-92 Octane gas is 34.8 MJ/L.

LeMoeCND

The greater your energy density the less gas is needed to do the same work.

Back