How do you modify the spring in the Forge BOV?

Sushi-Monster

Sparco Freak!
:
Titanium Grey 2003.5 MazdaSpeed Protege
How do you adjust the spring in the Forge BOV?

Well I know this topic is hashed to death. I searched n searched but the answer are all the same. I picked up the Forge BOV from jhotrod, after installing it to the best of my knowledge, it does indeed work, but the BOV will make a sound but its so quiet that its nerve racking. Even if my CorkSport exhaust system may drown the noise coming from the engine, it shouldn't be able to cover any BOV sounds. After much disscussion with my fellow msp owner who did the hardpipe/bov & bpv setup, i decided to either sell this BOV or attempt to take apart the bov and adjust the spring. The only problem with option 2 how the hell do you take it apart without ruining any type of warrenty that this thing comes with?

Anyways the BOV right now sounds more like the bpv from before, but except the stutter sound, it's a pssh sound. Also after driving my pal's msp with the hardpipe and bov setup, I know I'm driving the car right to get the bov noise. So if there is any help on this topic, please post here cause I'm totally out of ideas.

Also the brake booster line has the same amount of pressure as the stock line since they're both manifold pressure lines. So tapping into that may get me the BOV to finally work, but I'm pretty sure there must be another way to get this bov to work. I'll post up images tommrow.

PLEASE HELP ME HERE... I'M DYING TO KNOW WHAT I DID WRONG!!!

Last edited:
I don't even have to read your post...this is SO simple.

1. Remove 6 screws with allen wrench.
2. Open BOV & remove spring.
3. Replace with desired color & put it back together.
4. Put screws back & you're done.

Taking it apart doesn't affect the warranty...the Forge BOV was designed to allow for the use of different springs. You'd have to buy the color you want, although I don't know why you'd want to change it unless you're running 15psi like Discreet. It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong, but no one ever said this BOV was really loud. If you're going through all this just because you want it to be louder, you should think about the concept of function over form.

Back