How do you like your 5, now that you have it back?

Thanks for the pics guys. I wonder why the exhaust is pointing slighty to the ground. I also don't see a heat sheild. Is the chrome pipe being used not only for a little bling bling but also to be the heat shield? Killing two birds with one stone perhaps?

I seriously doubt the tip has little, if any, heat sheilding properties.
From what I remember the original exhaust pointed downward as well. I think most factory exhausts point downward, it probably helps keep the bumper clean or something. (shrug)

Got my 5 back today. Wow, what a difference from the MPV. So much more giteup its amazing. I took a business trip last week and rented a Ford Taurus. What a piece of junk. Has very little response in acceleration. Anyways, I like the 5 so much more. (drive2)

As for the 5, I had my dealer drive it back to me. They are about an hour away so it was a bit of a waste of 2 hours of my own time to go pick it up. They came, dropped off the 5 and drove the MPV back. What a great thing. When I asked if they would do this there wasn't any hesitation so I give my dealer high praise for doing this.

The guy that drove the car to me said he was thoroughly impressed by the 5. He hadn't driven one yet and was blown away. When I took him where the MPV was parked he said said he didn't want to drive it back.

Had ours for a week. Was gone so long I don't know if anything is different, I think its all the same myself. Not sure if the dealer removed the antenna mast when they washed it or someone swiped it but its gone. Guess I'll have to buy a new one when we get the $500. I really want to add the automatic climate control if that is even possible.

rarefc3s said:
Had ours for a week. Was gone so long I don't know if anything is different, I think its all the same myself. Not sure if the dealer removed the antenna mast when they washed it or someone swiped it but its gone. Guess I'll have to buy a new one when we get the $500. I really want to add the automatic climate control if that is even possible.
I would have said something to the dealership about the antenna and demanded that they replace it. You brought it in with an antenna, it had better leave with an antenna.
As for the climate control, I doubt that you will be able to retrofit it. If you can it will probably be a huge pain in the butt to do...I imagine there are plenty of sensors and wiring and computers involved.

I didn't notice the antenna was gone until the next morning. Some kid could have swiped it overnight I guess.

rarefc3s said:
I didn't notice the antenna was gone until the next morning. Some kid could have swiped it overnight I guess.
You could omit that little piece of info when complaining to the dealer. (evil)

I just got the 5 back a couple of hours ago after a little over 2 weeks. After 10 minutes of driving it I was already on the phone with my service writer. The car is a dog. The shift points are nothing like they used to be and it now takes almost a full second after I step on the gas before it will downshift. This almost got me into an accident when I tried to switch to the passing lane on the highway and it was unresponsive. The car in the other lane had to hit his brakes as the "turtle" cut in front of him. (notcool)

The service writer said he would talk to his master mazda tech in the morning and see what they could do. This was my biggest fear once I heard they were going to flash the pcm. My 5 (auto) in manual mode was Greg Lemond and now it's Fat Albert.

Oh my, I was thinking the same. This is exaclty what I feared would happen after a reflash on a TCM that in my opinion works "perfect" from the factory.

Sorry to hear this but I'm betting you won't be the only one who will report varying dissatisfaction.

I'm gonna play it safe a bit longer, I won't (and might never), be turning in my car until you guys are completly happy (strike)

I'm not certain about this, but it might be true.
I have read that alot of cars are coming out with some kind of adaptive shift computer controlled trannys. Meaning that the computer "learns" your driving style for the first X number of miles. After the computer gets a "feel" for your driving technique it will optimize the shift points, line pressures, ect. as per your style.
Maybe that's why you're not satisfied with the reflash.

Supposedly the way to clear this from the cars memory is to disconnect the battery and step on the brakes for 30 seconds or so (the brakes are supposed to drain any possible residual charge in the computer). after you've done that you can hook the batt. back up and take it for a spin. Afterwhich the computer is supposed to be re-adjusted for you.

Take this with a grain of salt, I do not know if it will apply to the 5.

Mazda5...Love the car...don't like Mazda Corporate!

Dealer had my car way over the time limit they promised I would get it back, so I went to the dealership and took it back. The dealer still had not received the repair kits, and had no idea when they would. None of the 5 e-mails I sent to Mazda Corp office in Irvine, CA. were ever answered! I finally called customer service, he called the Browning Mazda Dealership, and it appears that they forgot about me, although out of the 18 cars sold at that dealership that were recalled, 5 owners decided to drive them until the fix kits were ready. The Mazda Corp promised in writing that not one dealer owned new M5 would be sold until the cars we owned were taken care of first. NOT! I kept the Los Angeles Times newspaper auto ad section from 2 weeks ago, with Mazda5's being advertised for sale! I just now, today got a call from the dealer asking me to bring my car back to have the work done. Yet another day of missed work! If it wasn't such a great car, I'd tell the Mazda guys to kiss my a--! (fuoops)

Mazda5_4_me! said:
Dealer had my car way over the time limit they promised I would get it back, so I went to the dealership and took it back. The dealer still had not received the repair kits, and had no idea when they would. None of the 5 e-mails I sent to Mazda Corp office in Irvine, CA. were ever answered! I finally called customer service, he called the Browning Mazda Dealership, and it appears that they forgot about me, although out of the 18 cars sold at that dealership that were recalled, 5 owners decided to drive them until the fix kits were ready. The Mazda Corp promised in writing that not one dealer owned new M5 would be sold until the cars we owned were taken care of first. NOT! I kept the Los Angeles Times newspaper auto ad section from 2 weeks ago, with Mazda5's being advertised for sale! I just now, today got a call from the dealer asking me to bring my car back to have the work done. Yet another day of missed work! If it wasn't such a great car, I'd tell the Mazda guys to kiss my a--! (fuoops)

So they used the parts to fix the unsold cars?

So, are they supposed to wait until you and everyone else who took their cars early "decide to take your car in" until they start selling 5's? :confused:

(outie)

Perfecto, you did not read my post, the fix kit for my car did not even arrive at the dealership from Mazda Corporate until the 11th, when I finally got the call to bring mine back for the recall fix! There are still 3 more m5's sitting there in the dealers back lot, the owners still waiting till their special kits come in...and yes it pisses me off that Mazda owners still can't drive their cars while Mazda dealers fix and sell their stock. I say give new cars to those who are still waiting!!!

Back