how do I get a new stereo?

Someone broke in and took everything from my car... how do I get a replacement stereo system? Mazda dealorship knows nothing of the stereo in my car and says they can get an "ES" system. Best Buy and Good Guys don't have the Z919 or Z828... help... anyone know who to contact?

Well, the "ES" system is the cd player/FM stereo system standard with protege sedans and 5's, if that helps. I'm not sure what model you're driving.
The dealer is the only place (except for a junkyard) to get a factory installed stereo.

I'm driving an MP3 that had the Z919 system. I understand it was replaced by the Z828, and then someone at a stereo shop told me that was replaced by something, but wasn't sure by what.
Also, is the speaker in the back an 8" or a 10"?

For the 919, go here...Crutchfield.com and tell the insurance company to replace it at this cost. Hopefully, they will give you a check to purchase it. Then, you can go HERE to purchase it and use the extra $$ to help buy the woofer

I'm not sure about the speaker replacement, but I know I had the Z828 face replaced under warranty at the dealership so they should be able to hook you up the same way I would think rather than you needing to order it from a stereo shop or anything.

Back