How difficult is it to change oil on 2.3L?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I guess this goes under the "How To" section.

I have heard that there is some funky "cartridge" oil filter on the 2.3L, is it hard to reach or disassemble?

Can you reach the oil plug without jacking up the car?

I want to do my own changes, as I want to go to Mobil1 synthetic after the break-in.

TIA

WalksInDarkness said:
Hi All,

I have heard that there is some funky "cartridge" oil filter on the 2.3L, is it hard to reach or disassemble?

I want to do my own changes, as I want to go to Mobil1 synthetic after the break-in.

TIA

I wondered the same thing. So, one day while at the dealers i watched them work (i'm also anal about my car). they took off a plastic gaurd, it looked like four or five screws held it on before attempting removing the oil pan bolt or the filter. Now i was in the other room looking acros the garage but it looked like this was manditory and not easy to do except from a lift.

if it helps my car is the 2005 m3 hatchback, although that shouldn't matter.

cant be too hard, its an oil change. why dont you shimmy yourself under there and look, instead of being too damn lazy, and posting it on here.

WalksInDarkness said:
Hi All,

TIA
Same question here...not too happy for a crappy $62 oil change...

Thanks...

Not looking for the convertion just oil change to synthetic

WalksInDarkness said:
Hi All,

Actually, no. It doesn't go in the How-To section. The How-To section is for procedures on how to do things, not questions about how to do them. That's why you didn't get any good replies.

Since your question has been answered on your other post, I'm going to close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back