how did u guys get such low prices??

I was on S plan price on my 2002.5 w roof, autostick, abs, side airbags and leather was 19970. dealer added tint and pinstripe (before i looked at it). s plan price was 18363 which was $20 under invoice. I got 0.0% for 4 years with deferred payments until january.

I have a copy of my sales contract that says I am not full of s****. BTW, my car also has side bags and ABS, and I got $500 back for getting my second MS degree. Only took them about 2-3 weeks to mail out the rebate.

S-PlaN

Hey jhanson9!

I used the S-Plan offered to employees at my husbands work. It was only $2 less than invoice. All it does is save you haggle time and no added administrative fees. Why do dealerships automaticly tack those on anyway? My husband was hoping to get $300 below invoice and the dealership wouldn't budge. They said that's what the car cost them and Mazda set the S-Plan price. I have a feeling that dealerships get more kickback when they sell at stated prices and in volume.

Since you're a Ford employee, what does E-plan stand for? Aren't you allowed to purchase a certain amount of cars per year for family and friends? M.J.

E-plan

E-plan is for mazda employees, E-plan is less than S-plan. S-plan is for Ford motor company employees. We own 33% of mazda, which by japan, entitles you to own a company, where as over here it has to be 51%. Ford offers A-plan for for ford motor company(lincoln, aston martin, ford, mercury, volvo, land rover)

Re: Re: Full of s***

cyomega said:

Well then, working for Ford (i assume a dealership),

I am a product engineer working in PT calibration for ford, (dealerships are not ford motor employees, they are their own private franchise.)

Re: Re: Re: Full of s***

jhanson9 said:
cyomega said:

Well then, working for Ford (i assume a dealership),

I am a product engineer working in PT calibration for ford, (dealerships are not ford motor employees, they are their own private franchise.)

:rolleyes:
Given the asinine post you made, I suppose I figured you were some kid working as a gopher for one of the service guys at your local dealership. Someone that moronic would think that working at a dealer = working directly for Ford.
(yippy)

Hey jhanson9!

Does that mean that the employees at the dealership purchase their cars using the S-Plan and not the E-Plan since they don't work for Mazda directly? I was just curious since I saw the 2 prices on the papers on the cars we were looking at. There's about an $800 difference between the 2 plans. A friend of mines husband works for a dealership and he didn't even know what the S-Plan was. Is this something Mazda doesn't try to promote. I talked to one dealership and they said Mazda gives them a choice whether or not to tack on administrative fees. They add on about $400 and include etch id on the windows, teflon coating on the car and protective spray on the seats. The dealership where we bought our car actually gave us a pamphlet that spelled out that no administrative fees would be charged. M.J.

I don't believe S-Plan is for Ford. I work for a bank and one of the things that they(the bank) offer to their employees is S-Plan pricing on Mazdas not Fords. The Ford plan was completely different.

;) I got mine for 17,500 with moonroof, and abs. For the same car in san jose I was quoted 21K. I was lucky to find a no bulls*** sales guy at Marina Motor Company in Capitola.

talon4x4 said:
I don't believe S-Plan is for Ford. I work for a bank and one of the things that they(the bank) offer to their employees is S-Plan pricing on Mazdas not Fords. The Ford plan was completely different.

Like I said again, I am a product engineer(Not a Dealership, Dealerships are not corporate employees) who works for Ford Motor, We own Volvo, Land Rover, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Mercury, Lincoln, and 33% of Mazda. That entitles us to S-plan. Mazda employees recieve E-plan. Mazda senior management reports to our senior management. It's like a subsidiary discount. Ford offers to its suppliers, X, Y, Z plan, while we get A plan. A plan being the biggest discount, and X, Y, Z being smaller discounts to subsidiaries, and suppliers.

hater

WaatDaHell said:
No wonder why Ford is so in the gutter....Employee of the month goes to jhanson9!

Don't hate cause you drive a Ford Focus Engine!, that's right baby, you drive a Ford Focus 2.0L Zetec made in Mexico baby!!! It's a Ford!!!!

Re: hater

jhanson9 said:

Don't hate cause you drive a Ford Focus Engine!, that's right baby, you drive a Ford Focus 2.0L Zetec made in Mexico baby!!! It's a Ford!!!!

Uhh... bud maybe you need to go back to employee training or something... the FS-series engine is and always has been a pure Mazda design. I'm sick of people thinking that since Ford owns part of Mazda's interest in the US that all Mazdas are really Fords. Mazda != Ford!!!

Re: hater

jhanson9 said:

Seriously, no wonder why Ford is in the gutter and will probably drag Mazda down too. It's a Mazda engine, not Ford. Starting with the next generation, the Protege will be based on the Ford Focus. But for now, it's still Mazda. If it is the same engine, the Focus is probably borrowing the Mazda engine. Look at the sticker for the Protege5. If any part is made in Mexico, it has to be stated. Unfortunately, it's not stated. Anyway, stop degrading Ford any further than you really are.

Hey jhanson9....Just in case you need some visual proof. And in case you miss it, two obvious difference.....the ignition and where the intake enters the throttle body.

Ohh and I don't care what part of ford you work at. Spouting out ignorant statements just shows your own stupidity!!

02.ford.zx5.eng.500.jpg

01.mazda.protegees.eng.350.jpg

I paid 11k for mine...she only had 63 miles on her. she was on the lot for a year and one of three left...only yellow one. Needless to say she left with me, how could i pass up a new p5 for 11K..

I got my P5 with 35K miles for 11K even. Just walked in, drove it and said the only way I'm going to buy it is if it costs 11. He said no way, so I left. Right before I got to my car he said he will ask, and the manager said ok. The dealer made $230 on the car and the sales guy made a commission of $23.

I bought my 03 base P5 with 8,800 miles for about $12,500. They were asking somewhere around 15.

You just have to be willing to walk away when they won't make the deal you want. I walked out a few times and they'd allways call within a few hours.

tttP5 said:
I've been reading the forum and some of u guys got amazingly good deals on your P5.... I dunno how u guys do it .... please share some of your strategies so I may use them on my future new car purchase.

I think i way overpaid compared to u guys.... got my silver one month after the 02 p5 came out, moonroof and lojack, 5 spd.... and it costed me like 19XXX out the door..... s***.... if I got it for some of the prices u guys paid I could be spending 3000 on mods.... sigh.....

very very easy...

I got my 03.5 for 19 out the door WITH extended warranty after taxes etc... it was over 22 stickerd. In the laster summer months of 2003 mazda had 2k rebate on their cars. Dealer gave me invoice plus that2k. Didin't even set foot into the dealers lot. THAT is what happens when you build online and submit for quote. I have about every option available. Most of these cheapskating bitches don't have s*** and copmplain about paying high prices.

Name an option and I prolly have it. Even the free sub. BTW, it had 2 miles on the clock and the white covering was still on it.

Back