how can you tell a 2003 from a 2003.5?

Ceasar1010

:
Mazdaspeed Protege 2003 and Miata STO 1997
Or is there a 2003? I've seen two different kinds of spoilers, is that how?

Color and spoiler for the most part plus interior stuff

03 were black and orange and had the wrx looking spoiler

03.5 had the sti/Evo looking wing also had the front lip no fog lights

You may have seen either an 01 MP3 or an 03 MSP. MP3s were blue and yellow, 03 MSPs were black and orange and the 03.5s were gray, yellow, silver and blue. The rear lip on the 03.5 was also changed along with the seats, gauges, shift knob, rim finish, spoiler, front lip, steering wheel etc.

Why change it so much in 1/2 a year? Mine looks like Hornsfan so im assuming mine is 2003.5 , I do like the evo like spoiler

Don't forget the exhaust tip.... 03 had a round where 03.5 had an oval tip.

Don't forget the exhaust tip.... 03 had a round where 03.5 had an oval tip.

Didn't know that, my car already had a cat back. I do like the seats also. Its an amazing car for being 10 years old. I plan to get it running well. 4 doors and fast

damn, can't believe it's been 10 years!! Bought my 03.5 blazing yellow mica off the showroom floor w/12 miles on it. Traded it in for a 2006 Mustang GT w/18 miles. Guy who bought my MSP totalled it 3 weeks after he bought it! :( Only had 35k miles. :(

damn, can't believe it's been 10 years!! Bought my 03.5 blazing yellow mica off the showroom floor w/12 miles on it. Traded it in for a 2006 Mustang GT w/18 miles. Guy who bought my MSP totalled it 3 weeks after he bought it! :( Only had 35k miles. :(

why.... why would you trade for a $h!tstang?????

why.... why would you trade for a $h!tstang?????

Because it's a decade-old, underpowered, poor platform based, low reliability once modded, slow, econobox.......

With that being said, I love my MSP more than any other car I've owned, but it has been retired as my daily for a year and a half. Yes, my RX8 is more reliable than the MSP. Of course that's all because I drive my car like it's a ******* race car everywhere I go and went through 4 engines last year before forging. Then, about two weeks ago, while chasing a bike on The Dragon, I spun a bearing and subsequently damaged one of my K1 rods. I just spoke with K1 and they'll be sending me a replacement rod for $115. Luckily for me, I manage a shop and have a shop at my disposal as well as the knowledge to repair the car every other week when I break it. If not for that, there's no way I would have kept the car this long.

Noone has gone through 4 motors a year like you have, most people blow the stock motor and scrap the whole car. I commend you for keeping the car on the road!

And I can't wait to buy a Shitstang that will blow the doors off of this Protege.

I'm sorry guys, but at the end of the day no one else thinks our MSPs are as cool as we do, lol.

4 motors? I've owned 5 cars in the past year 91 civic ( ragged the s*** out of it broke ring landings) 323 gtx ( will be buried in it) 87 mustang gt( JUNK) 2010 Mazda 3 ( wife's daily) protege mp3 ( threw a rod and sold it) 97 civic ( work beater)

My favorite by far is the 323, but I miss the protege everyday and would still take an mp3 or msp over a mustang any day. Any car that will go on a spun rod bearing for 3 weeks runing 80 on interstate for an hour is pretty damn good in my book. Besides what are you gona do with a mustang when it snows besides look at it?

Snow? What's that? I love my Bullitt and a Coyote 5.0 or terminator is next on the list. The MSP is what I can afford, RWD car with a lot of torque is what I truly want.

I'm sorry guys, but at the end of the day no one else thinks our MSPs are as cool as we do, lol.

That's 'cause our swag is limited production special! (yes) All in all, I love the 'uniqueness' of our MSPs and have not ever tried to out-drag, out-launch, every other other platform out there. Hell, the wife's mini van & my Jeep have more HP but they ain't as fun to drive..

Back