How big can I go?

The Kid

Hey guys,
Im new to the whole modding your car thing. I purchased my first car last year(03 P5 Laser blue) and Im starting to get the itch to put some wheels on it to go with the autoex front lip and J-spec taillights. My real question is how big of a wheel can i put on the car the way it is. I have lowering springs but if I put them on i won't be able to get into my driveway.

Thanks for the help,
The Kid

Hey guys,
Im new to the whole modding your car thing. I purchased my first car last year(03 P5 Laser blue) and Im starting to get the itch to put some wheels on it to go with the autoex front lip and J-spec taillights. My real question is how big of a wheel can i put on the car the way it is. I have lowering springs but if I put them on i won't be able to get into my driveway.

Thanks for the help,
The Kid

I've got no idea, but when I read the title of your post, the first thing that popped into my mind was "that's what she said" (cabpatch)

i got 17"s and running 205/40 tires and lowered.....i got a lil bit of rub but the speed difference is better than it was when i was running 45's believe it or not.....but i did get killer gas milaged with the 45's

I suggest you start here

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9129

There was a guy who fit 20's on the P5 just recently but I have now seen them up f/s....not sure why???

But 18" is as big as I would go but first consider the types of roads you drive on. For most 18" wheels out there you'll need to run a 215/35/18 tire which is like a rubberband (I have seen some members run a 215/40/18 as well). If your roads suck and there are potholes and bumps everywhere, etc then I'd stay away and go 17".

the p5 doesnt have any power even with 16 inches wheels. I dont want to know what would happen if you, put 18 inch wheels. Also, i dont like the look of big wheels on the p5. 16 IMO is the best with a aggressive offset a nice drop. 17 is nice also...but i dont know i think its really hard to find a nice looking wheel for the p5.

For me, the best stance on this forum is justinlansdale's msp. fn01rc 16 inch 42 offset with spacers.

please, dont go with 18". Its not the bigger, the better.

Thanks guys, im leaning toward a 17" wheel for the reason that my roads suck(country, but great for speeding). Also any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
The Kid

If you are looking for 17's, stick with a 7" to 7.5" width and +45 offset or higher. Unless you want to roll your fenders.

actually i think 19's are the biggest ive ever seen, and they looked kinda weird

take that back, some dude put 20's on but they were gay so that doesnt count
i wouldnt go any bigger then 17's and i doubt you wont be able to get in your driveway
my brother cant even put his foot under his bumper and he doesnt have any problem driving around going over speed bumps etc.

If you are looking for 17's, stick with a 7" to 7.5" width and +45 offset or higher. Unless you want to roll your fenders.
the width part is right but the offset...not so much
i think +40 is the cutoff, but at stock ride height u can do whatever u want lol it wont rub no matter what
justinlandsdale has +35 or something close and it looks perrreccttt

please dont go bigger than 18inch.. dropped or not

thats what she said

anyways, i honestly wouldnt go any bigger than the stock 16s. 17 would be max for me ever. i am a die hard fan of 16s unless i had a ballin vehicle like a g35 or something.

Back