How bad is your rotary addiction? 56K no way.

JDuncan

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #1552
Mine is pretty bad.

Past and Current possesions by model year...

1979 GS
thecars.gif

Its the one in the middle. It had the IMSA airdam, sideskirts, and wing.

1980 GS
rice3.jpg

Also pictured above to the left of the 79. This is the car that started the addiction. It had a complete GSLSE Suspension swap with Eibach prokit springs and koni reds shocks and struts, Rotary Engineering Dual Weber Downdraft 36DCD Carbs, full Racing Beat Exhaust, and half a dozen other modifications.

1985 GSLSE
wheel%20006.jpg

Also pictured at the top to the right of the 79. This car was rusting apart and no longer roadworthy, which was a shame because it ran very well. In the end, the motor went to Joe Coleman, the suspension went on the 80, and the car went to the scrapyard.

1985 GSLSE
85-2.jpg

The person I bought this car from actually put new tires on it to drive it to KY and sell it to me for only $500. Rotary heads tend to do crazy things to make sure that their cars go on to good hands. By the end of the year, this car will be one of the most impressive 1st gens in the Louisville area. Go Duck!

1986 GXL
86.jpg

Pictured to the right of my 80. My first foray into the 2nd gen arena. This car is now in the Cincy area and has been converted to a LT1 V8. Zoom zoom to vroom vroom.

1988 Convertible
vert3.jpg

Fun in the sun. I miss this car more than most that I've parted with. I will have one in the inventories again someday, but this one became the downpayment for our house, and that is about as noble of a cause to be sacrificed for as you can get.

1988 Turbo II
james_tii_1.jpg

Pic taken less than a week out of the junkyard. I kid you not. My good fortune on this deal is pretty well known. In fact, I met some other rotary nuts in Owensboro, and all of a sudden, they start going, "you're him! You're that guy who found the TII in the junkyard!!" Yep, this car made history. Sadly, I eventually managed to blow the motor in her and during the rebuild, i decided the tub had just a bit more rust than I liked with the power levels I was planning for when all the dust cleared. She may find her way back to the salvage yard. :(

1990 GXL
90-3.jpg

Coming soon. This is the tub I found to put the TII goodies into. It was an automatic and had less than 70,000 miles on the chassis. Work is still in progress and the conversion is not done, but not far from complete either.

I've also had a 84 GSL parts car which I had no pics of.
So now you've seen my rotary projects past and present. Lets see everyone else's. :D

Last edited:
my first one was a white 91 GXL which i had to sell cause i was paying $325/mth car payments and $325/mth insurance and just couldnt afford it any more

years later i bought a 93 CYM, but it started having turbo issues so i sold it cause i really didnt have the cash to deal with that:(

my current one is a black 89 GTU which i payed cash for to get out of car payments

unfortunately the 89 has been sitting in a parking lot waiting to be fixed for about 16 months, b4t i am determined to have the cash to get it fixed this spring

cant wait, i miss it:)

I can always provide you with a photo history of your car from when I got it to when you got it. It had a few evolutions.

Haha.... awesome.

I have an TII sitting in my garage! :-D

i started out with my first rx7 in 1991 with my baby (a '79 rx7 which i still have) it had headers, intake, springs and shocks along with a air dam and some eagle 5 stars, i though it was hot s*** back in the day..lol

i still have my '86 rx7 and another '79 rx7 (old scca ITS car) and a turboII parts car

Attachments

• my fc.JPG
    my fc.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 278
  • 7stock 001.jpg
    7stock 001.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 297
  • p5 and 1st gen 023-2.JPG
    p5 and 1st gen 023-2.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 274
  • p5 and 1st gen 031.jpg
    p5 and 1st gen 031.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 286
  • p5 and 1st gen 033.jpg
    p5 and 1st gen 033.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 297
FC3s Boy said:
i started out with my first rx7 in 1991 with my baby (a '79 rx7 which i still have) it had headers, intake, springs and shocks along with a air dam and some eagle 5 stars, i though it was hot s*** back in the day..lol

i still have my '86 rx7 and another '79 rx7 (old scca ITS car) and a turboII parts car
you got a pair of turbo II seats, chris? maybe a whole powertrain front to back ;)

HorsepowerFreak said:
Haha.... awesome.

I have an TII sitting in my garage! :-D
why is it sitting and how much are you selling it for?

ken i don't have the seats anymore i got the car for $200 and sold the hood and a few other goodies and kept the rear end and tranny for my n/a beast

Captain KRM P5 said:
why is it sitting and how much are you selling it for?

The MSP was going to be my daily driver, while my FC was going to be the project car. The FC was stolen and I lost around 4k in parts. After that I said to heck with it and started in on the MSP. It's pretty much just taking up space and would rather put the money into my MSP. :) Here's what it looked like before it was stolen (you might have to right click for properties to get the URL)

I haven't tried that hard to sell it, but I'll probably build a website for it shortly. I need to get my MSP ready for next season (race and show). Interested in buying it!? :-D

Last edited:
HorsepowerFreak said:
The MSP was going to be my daily driver, while my FC was going to be the project car. The FC was stolen and I lost around 4k in parts. After that I said to heck with it and started in on the MSP. It's pretty much just taking up space and would rather put the money into my MSP. :) Here's what it looked like before it was stolen: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/p4bb898ec49b6b8922b348cc26e28f615/fb767c8c.jpg

I haven't tried that hard to sell it, but I'll probably build a website for it shortly. I need to get my MSP ready for next season (race and show). Interested in buying it!? :-D
sure - how much are you selling it for and what have you got in it?

FC3s Boy said:
ken i don't have the seats anymore i got the car for $200 and sold the hood and a few other goodies and kept the rear end and tranny for my n/a beast
boo hoo. gotta help me chris, you are my rotary god that i worship and pray to for advice and help :)

Captain KRM P5 said:
boo hoo. gotta help me chris, you are my rotary god that i worship and pray to for advice and help :)
haha ha sorry ken, i'll keep a eye out for ya

HorsepowerFreak said:
The MSP was going to be my daily driver, while my FC was going to be the project car. The FC was stolen and I lost around 4k in parts. After that I said to heck with it and started in on the MSP. It's pretty much just taking up space and would rather put the money into my MSP. :) Here's what it looked like before it was stolen (you might have to right click for properties to get the URL)

Someone stole that beautiful fc and no one ever found it??? probably chopped, eh? :(

Mazdaspeedgirl said:
Someone stole that beautiful fc and no one ever found it??? probably chopped, eh? :(

It was found.... Just missing a lot. :)

Damn...that sucks dude....

And James, I wish I had your motivation. our fb is still sitting waiting for the TII engine/tranny to be put in. All I lack for setting 'er in there is a GSL-SE 13B front cover. Got one handy? will pay BIG $$$! :D

Back