How are you guys pushing more boost?

mxjosh82

:
03.5 MAZDASPEED Protege
How are you guys pushing more boost SAFELY?

Ok, to make this more clear, what are you are you guys using to control boost? As far as a different wastegate vs. a boost controller. I seem to get a lot of negative feedback on boost controllers on these cars. I would like to run 10psi with an SSAFC. I have the rest of supporting mods, FMIC, exhaust, plugs, gauges ect...I saw that forge makes an adjustable wastegate for these, is anyone using it?

Last edited:
are you asking a question or trying to form a hangout?

you ask 10 different people that question on here you'll get 10 different answers.

I guess I should have made I a poll because last time I asked about boost controllers on these cars I got a lot of negative feedback so I though for sure I would get "wastegate" almost across the board....recommendations on wastegates for these?

How am I pushing more boost? Answer: Unsuccessfully.

I'm on my third motor in like 3 1/2 months and then the LSD puked itself apart.

MBC caused the last motor to fail by allowing boost levels to spike to 17psi.

You didnt ask how to run more boost safely. You just asked how do you run more boost. Two completely different set of answers that your going to get.

the best way to run reliable boost is rip the POS t2 flange turbo off, go to T3 and run EWG. aside from that, yes, a better wastegate is still better than most MBC's. EBC's are almost as good as a new wastegate if you find one with a good solenoid (greddy)

Forged Engine
Engine Management
Fuel Pump
Injectors
CDI Ignition
Larger Turbo
Upgraded Transmission

Back