horrible knocking

if its a knocking that you can feel in your clutch then most likely you have some loose metal shards in your tranny. i had the same loud knocking noise and same feeling in my clutch on my 01 GTI and the transmission had loose metal shards in it. granted i was autocrossing when it happend buy my clutch went out a few weeks before it also and i had to get a new transmission.

They are giving me a new engine. No questions asked. They didnt say anything about the mods or anything. They asked for the oil change records, i told them that i did all of them there, and they said ok. called me the next day and told me the engine is on order! I am so happy!!!

Well I just got my car today. New motor, clutch, motor mounts. I love it, it is a new car! Thanks for all of the help! One dealership that is not a bunch of jerkoffs.

Thats amazing. It would be nice if all dealerships would just not **** us over for unrelated mods/breakdowns.

zoomzoom02 said:
Well I just got my car today. New motor, clutch, motor mounts. I love it, it is a new car! Thanks for all of the help! One dealership that is not a bunch of jerkoffs.

Good lord! So what exactly was the prob?

Oh well, basically i ground a few of my bearings into nothing. My oil pan was probably 1/8 full with metal shavings. This was because of a loss of oil pressure, the cause of that is still unknown. The rod was loose and therefore the knocking.

how much milage on the old engine?

wondering what their tolerences on engine replacement is with how much milage you have.

Dealer problomes

I raced my p5 alot and all i did to it engine wise was a aem intake and magnacore wires. About 2 months ago i was driving and my engine shut down,when i started back up there was a horible loud knock. you could hear it from a long distance away and it wasnt at certin rpms it was all the time. I took it to the dealer and they said my factory waranty was over becuase of the intake becuase it could suck up water. I then took a sample of my oil and got it tested there was a huge amount of aluminum but no water. When i went back with the report they said when i brought the car in it was 2 quarts low on oil and they wrote it down. I know for a fact my car wasnt 2 quarts low because when it first happen i checked the oil and it was fine. basicly they coverd thier asses so they didnt have to fix my car. My car is now in the shop and ive been wateing 3 weeks for a crankshaft from tokyo to come in. Ive been out of a car for 2 months now and it sucks. If you guys have problome just take the time and put your factory stuff back on. I wish i had

BACK FROM THE DEAD PART ONE....

I guess it depends on how ******* stupid your dealer wants to be...

You said it brian. I really dont even think its so much the dealership its self. I think its just ignorant head technicians who dont wana do flatrate warranty work. They tried to charge me 500 just to open the engine. not fix just open it up and look.

Yaegs4life said:
You said it brian. I really dont even think its so much the dealership its self. I think its just ignorant head technicians who dont wana do flatrate warranty work. They tried to charge me 500 just to open the engine. not fix just open it up and look.
Wow, 500 just for 5 minutes of work. Damn. My dealer said nothing about any of the mods I have. They replaced it no questions asked. Of course mine wasn't nearly as bad.

hi-perf said:
how much milage on the old engine?

wondering what their tolerences on engine replacement is with how much milage you have.
I had 52,984 miles at the time my motor started knocking. I had intake, and exhaust, and they said nothing. I think what saved me is that i took my car everytime to the dealership for all services. And to add to my story a few weeks ago my tranny blew stranding me in cali. That got was replaced under warranty also.

Back