horn not working

lc1102002

hey guys..i just pulled into the driveway with my new 09 cx9 and realized the horn is not working.
naturally the dealer is closed.
does anyone know where the horn is even located?
much thanks

steering wheel? lol...

ok seriously...it should be right behind the front grill...like a circular looking thing...

haha good one...

ummm looking behind the grill and dont see it. its either really hidden in there or (yikes) my new car doesnt have a horn?????

You are pressing the center of the wheel, on the Flying M, right?

It's behind the right side Fog Light/Blank. To access it you have to remove the small cover underneath the corner. 2 philips screws in the little air dam in front of the tire, accessed from the wheel well, 3 philips/10mm bolts underneath around the outer edge, and 2 plastic retainers on the inside edges (pry the center piece 1/4" out to remove the retainers).

Once that piece is off, you can reach up and unclip the Fog Light Blank by pinching the tabs starting at the end towards the center of the car. The outside tabs are slip fit and pull out horizontally.. If you have the Fog Lights, removing it is more complicated. You should be able to reach the horn without removing the Fog Light.

Attachments

• Car Bumper Repair 4.JPG
    Car Bumper Repair 4.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Back