Hood deflector for MS6?

I emailed Lund international about getting something made for us. They are willing to look into the marketing potential and asked me to check back in a few months. That's not exactly good news and a generic reply, but maybe they are serious maybe not.

maybe you'll care if you drive in the country all the time

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one on my P5, I'm not going to bother with this car. It would look kinda wierd IMO. I'm surprised Mazda hasn't made one yet.

TheMAN said:
maybe you'll care if you drive in the country all the time

:confused: Please explain. I travel over the road frequently. I still don't understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmmm let me see, ruin my "aerodynamics", or let rocks keep taking the paint off of my 40k car????

gee, I'll have to think about that :)

They block rocks? I don't know about that. I know a few people who had them and rocks seemed to find their cars nicely. Seems it wouldn't cover the most vulnerable area of your car either, in front of the leadig edge of the hood.

I know a lot of people who have used those clear film things on their car with excellent success though.

front masks, or bra's are horrible. Mazda does have one for the Speed. They actually do more damage then good as sand and grit gets behind them and you have a sandpaper effect going on between your paint and bra. Technically you are not supposed to leave a bra on all of the time. Probably would be great for those that use it on a track though.

The deflector will not protect the lower bumper. It does deflect the rocks coming towards your hood though. I've literally seen rocks coming at me, get caught in the airsteam of the deflector and just go over the car. Granted, a big rock will still do it's thing, but my hoods when I have had deflector's on have been near flawless even after 3-4 years. I also notice less chips in my windsheilds from sand and stuff over time.

Newf, I have great news for you. I'm currently in my hometown in northern Quebec, and I noticed that they have an MS6 on the lot....with a hood deflector :)

I went and checked it out, it's made by Mazda!

Newf said:
front masks, or bra's are horrible. Mazda does have one for the Speed. They actually do more damage then good as sand and grit gets behind them and you have a sandpaper effect going on between your paint and bra. Technically you are not supposed to leave a bra on all of the time. Probably would be great for those that use it on a track though.

The deflector will not protect the lower bumper. It does deflect the rocks coming towards your hood though. I've literally seen rocks coming at me, get caught in the airsteam of the deflector and just go over the car. Granted, a big rock will still do it's thing, but my hoods when I have had deflector's on have been near flawless even after 3-4 years. I also notice less chips in my windsheilds from sand and stuff over time.
friggin eagle eyes(shocked)

ottawaP5 said:
Newf, I have great news for you. I'm currently in my hometown in northern Quebec, and I noticed that they have an MS6 on the lot....with a hood deflector :)

I went and checked it out, it's made by Mazda!

YES!

I'll go up the week and ask! I kind of would like to see it before I buy though. There are ugly deflectors out there that is for sure.

Don't worry, I saw it and it looks very nice, it sits nice and flush on the hood, and has contours for the hood bulge, and doesn't go too high either. Unfortunatly I didn't bring my camera.

yeah, I'll be getting this asap. Winter is coming, and they use sand on the roads here rather then salt.

So just in time!

Back