Hood and Mirror Vibration

Pick up my new cx5 on Friday. Last Saturday I test drove it and bought it. Noticed in my test drive the mirror was vibrating. Didn't think anything of it till Sunday when I joined the forum and got reading. Glad I did cuz I mentioned it to the dealer and they are ordering parts and will have it fixed for Friday delivery. My wife was in today to take some info into them and the service guy said the TSB just came out feb 13th for the 2014 models ???

Covering Tracks

Pick up my new cx5 on Friday. Last Saturday I test drove it and bought it. Noticed in my test drive the mirror was vibrating. Didn't think anything of it till Sunday when I joined the forum and got reading. Glad I did cuz I mentioned it to the dealer and they are ordering parts and will have it fixed for Friday delivery. My wife was in today to take some info into them and the service guy said the TSB just came out feb 13th for the 2014 models ???

That could be but it could also be that the dealer knew of the defect beforehand and didn't want to admit it so they copped out by saying the TSB was recent (i.e., February 13). You might want to ask them for the TSB number.

Is Mazda Playing Games?

Almost feels like Mazda is jacking its CX-5 customers around. Not a good way to build a reputation for quality or integrity. Worse yet, it's the sort of behaviour you would have expected from Detroit decades ago.

Not sure about any new TSB for the 2014s since I haven't personally found one, but i believe they might be out there. I called the dealer and told them about my mirror and the vibration on the front passenger side and scheduled an appointment and they took care of it right away .
Yesterday they installed the new mirror and put some foam sealant so no more vibration in the front .

Knock on wood, looks like my hood shake has finally been fixed!

Previous attempt at fixing this was with TSB 09-036/13, putting glue/caulk/sealant on the bottom of the hood, below the insulation piece. This only reduced the vibrations somewhat.
At the last oil-change I complained about the hood shake again and this time they replaced the cowl, a part just below the hood at the base of the windshield which goes from side to side. I remember inspecting the old part, before it was replaced, and thinking that this is too flimsy to give any mechanical support to the hood. The new cowl does seem to give this mechanical support and has beefier rubber bumper.
I took the car for a test drive on our local highways, in sections I know it used to tremble and ... looks significantly better!
I'll watch it tomorrow on my commute, but I think it is finally fixed. Yay!

Now, if only the USB will resume playback ...

I have a 2014 GS(Touring trim) produced in October 2013 and I take the highway everyday for about 50 minutes each way in my commute @ about 110-120km/h and have not noticed anything at all with the hood or the passenger mirror. There is a slight shake in the driver's mirror only but not the housing but it does not interfere with my ability to use the mirror since I am only glancing at it not staring at the side mirror while I am driving.

Previous attempt at fixing this was with TSB 09-036/13, putting glue/caulk/sealant on the bottom of the hood, below the insulation piece. This only reduced the vibrations somewhat.
At the last oil-change I complained about the hood shake again and this time they replaced the cowl, a part just below the hood at the base of the windshield which goes from side to side. I remember inspecting the old part, before it was replaced, and thinking that this is too flimsy to give any mechanical support to the hood. The new cowl does seem to give this mechanical support and has beefier rubber bumper.
I took the car for a test drive on our local highways, in sections I know it used to tremble and ... looks significantly better!

I actually have my CX5 at the dealer right now for this. The service manager mentioned a part with additional bracing was being added along with the caulking. This must be what he meant. This part is in short supply at the moment though so its been sitting there for a few days.

For me, the most annoying thing about the vibration is that my hood makes a harmonic buzz when accelerating between 2000-3000 rpm on a warm day. Hopefully this kills it.

Had my 2014 CX-5 in for mirror vibration today. The work order says they replaced the mounting bracket. Much better now!

Mine also has an issue with the vibrating of the drivers side mirror. The Dealership is ordering me a new housing. It looks like the mirror
housing is defective, and they will probably be putting out a recall on this issue with the outside mirrors on the CX-5.

so has the mirror vibration problem finally been fixed by Mazda's TSB? My drivers side mirror vibrates so at the next oil change I will tell them about it, only if the current TSB solves the problem. I'm afraid they may replace the mirror/bracket and then have the problem be worse.

My '14 CX5 was built in october '13.

I believe the vibration in the mirror has been corrected. Too many vehicle owners were having the same issue with the mirrors. My new mirror
housing will be installed sometime late next week.

I believe the vibration in the mirror has been corrected. Too many vehicle owners were having the same issue with the mirrors. My new mirror

Keep us updated if it solves the problem!

No vibration issues with my 2015 cx-5, built date 04/14. The car is flawless.

Do you have a bulletin number for the fix that people can reference?

Are they replacing it with the new 2015 housing or an updated version of the 2014 and prior version?

Finally had my driver side mirror guts replaced today. Absolutely no shaking at any speed woohoo!

Latest posts

Back