Honda Civic MUGEN Si set for October release in the U.S.!

Heres a list of whats different on the Mugen Edition SI opposed to the regular 08 4 door SI

The Mugen Si only comes in one color, Fiji Blue Pearl, and upgrades include:
  • Lightweight 18-inch wheels and summer tires
  • Track-tuned suspension
  • Aerodynamics kit for the front, rear and sides
  • Rear spoiler
  • Sport exhaust system
  • Unique interior trim

Maybe Im reading wrong... but everything Ive come across has listed to car as below 30,000 or <30,000... so maybe its not actually 30k but somewhere between 24-29k?

I just cant imagine a 6k premium for a mugen car... Honda isnt even doing that high of a premium on the S2000 CR.

^ agreed.

It just looks damn sexy. :)

you know, I never liked the front end of the Si Sedans though... always looks like its missing something (umm fogs or brake ducts). The back is awesome though... really a huge improvement.

However for me, if I was buying the Si, it would be a coupe.

I think it looks like a chick car.

Before I bought my 08' MS3, I test drove several cars and in my opinion, the SI ranked last.

I used to own an 93' SI hatchback in red and loved that car.

Now, it just has a different feel and if anyone sits in the back seat, they won't be able to hear you because of the exhaust sound.

If this car has a louder exhaust, I wouldn't ever consider it. I do like the way it looks overall but this car should be 20k, period.

BIGHAM:

Agreed 100%. I am shocked that they would even advertise the Mugen Si in a 4 door. Slight turn off for me.

always looks like its missing something (umm fogs or brake ducts)

Exactly, fogs at least. For all the SIs that I recall (since 1999?) I've been always thinking: Why not fogs? I think it would give it a little bit more of personality compared to the standard Civic sibling.

BIGHAM:

Agreed 100%. I am shocked that they would even advertise the Mugen Si in a 4 door. Slight turn off for me.

The JDM Civic Type R is a sedan, so the JDM fanboys will be into the sedan more. Considering what Mugen parts cost, this is probably something of a bargain, comparatively.

The JDM Civic Type R is a sedan, so the JDM fanboys will be into the sedan more. Considering what Mugen parts cost, this is probably something of a bargain, comparatively.

The current Civic Type R is a fugly little hatch... You're right, though. The JDM Honduh fanboys are touching themselves under the covers over this car. I think Honda knew it was too expensive; that's why they only made 500 of them. There's no way I'd pay that kind of money for a Civic, no matter who "tuned" it.

The current Civic Type R is a fugly little hatch... You're right, though. The JDM Honduh fanboys are touching themselves under the covers over this car. I think Honda knew it was too expensive; that's why they only made 500 of them. There's no way I'd pay that kind of money for a Civic, no matter who "tuned" it.

No. The current Euro Type R is a little hatch. The JDM Type R is a sedan.

Exactly, fogs at least. For all the SIs that I recall (since 1999?) I've been always thinking: Why not fogs? I think it would give it a little bit more of personality compared to the standard Civic sibling.

The basic Si does not even have fogs as standard which is a $325.00 option.

On a side note. I think Honda should have done this Si as a Coupe not a Sedan. Also I still think Honda should have swapped in the turbo 2.4L from the RDX into it.

From Hondacars.com

ntroducing the Civic Si Mugen.
Adding an aggressive dimension of performance to the Civic Si Sedan, the inspired Mugen Civic Si Sedan brings "Formula Sport" concept to sports car enthusiast's reality.

Co-developed by Honda and Mugen, the Civic Mugen Si Sedan sports a Twin-Ring Motegi track-tuned suspension, aerodynamic body styling and a performance exhaust system.

The suspension lowers the vehicle by 15 mm with highly aggressive spring and damper tuning for enhanced handling performance. The full-vehicle aero-package adds a front spoiler and sports grille, side spoilers, a rear diffuser and an adjustable rear wing. The lightweight, Mugen –forged aluminum wheels measure 18 x 7.5 inches and include high-performance 215/40R18 rubber.

Honda plans to produce a limited release of 1,000 Mugen Si Sedan models, which carry an under-$30K price tag. Honda lovers, rev your engines and get highway ready, because Honda has set the Mugen free.

Exclusive Standard Features
  • Twin-Ring Motegi track-tuned suspension
  • Aerodynamic body styling
  • "Cat-back" sports exhaust system
  • Highly aggressive spring and damper tuning
  • Mugen –forged aluminum wheels measure 18 x 7.5 inches
  • High-grip summer tires (215/40R18)
  • Front spoiler and sports grille
  • Side spoilers
  • Rear diffuser
  • Adjustable rear wing

but we all know wed drive one, and have a blast doing so anyway. i love that color.

Yup. If I were to get a new Si, it would definitely be Fiji Blue Pearl. Then again, I have a '99 Si in Electron Blue Pearl, so that's probably not a big shocker.

Eh, I like it. I could justify maybe 6k for those uprgades, even a little more. So if a stock Civic is like 20k, add the 6k and you'd have 26k. The premium from there is just for the limiter edition factor, and the fact they're only making 1,000.

$26k for a ******* Civic? no spank you!

How about you buy a civic and i beat you in the head w/ a metal pipe till you believe you paid $26k for it?

lol :p

You guys are obviously not Honda fanboys. Go to www.kingmotorsports.com and price some Mugen bits. A body kit is like $2000+, and the forged wheels are about $700 each.

Not saying that it's worth it, just showing you why JDM fanboys are willing to pay it. I suppose the closest thing in the Mazda world is Racing Beat, but I don't think that stuff's as expensive.

Last edited:

I don't remember Hona ever offering fogs for any of there cars, other than charging about $500 at the dealership. They should at least offer them with some kinda package.

Latest posts

Back