holy ******* s*** balls

Any New Yorkers on this thread? My brother had several sales accounts with several Japanese banks in the Towers. He knew several people that didn't make it. He'd also just had a meeting on the top floors on 9/10 the day before and had another scheduled on 9/12 the day after. He also knew Todd Beamer very well.

Me, I was crossing the Tappanzee (north of NYC) when this terrible thing happened and I was able to see the smoke from the 2 towers rising into the sky. It was like a bad dream.

For months after they fell, we were able to see the smoke rising from Ground Zero from the Jersey side. We are so used to seeing those 2 in the skyline when driving on the NJ highways that it still feels strange that they aren't there any more. It's a big hole in my heart.

One of our friends worked in a dentist's office and it seems there were many patients from one Japanese bank that lost many employees. The dentist's office would call the patients up to remind them of the appointment but they'd be told by the spouses that he died in the Towers...

May God remember those that lost their lives....

From the seventh floor of my dorm in New Jersey at school you used to be able to see the towers. The school year before the attack I would always look at the towers. The day it happened I was in class and I heard some classmates talking about it, but I thought they were talking about a small plane hitting it, not a commercial airplane. Anyway, my Professor walks in and informs us in more detail and says his son is working in one of the towers and ge got emotional and then he cancelled class, and then administration cancelled the rest of the day and the next. Sad day, indeed.

Remember them too...

Don't forget the people at the Pentagon that also lost their lives.

I knew a U.S. Army Captain that died in that disaster. Ironically they had been refurbishing the Pentagon for such an attack. That section had not been refurb'ed yet.

Never forget the fallen ones...

/members/GNsPR5/ribbon.jpg

:'(

That day, I felt empty and depressed. Actually I felt that way for a few weeks after.

God rest their souls.

wasn't it EERIE that, for the next couple weeks after 9/11, you didn't hear A THING in the sky.

it was so quiet and peaceful you knew something's terribly wrong :(

The only thing we heard over NYC the days after that eventful day were the F-15 Eagles that were patrolling the skies... safer than ever before but it was too late...

Back