hks ssq and injen......

ImANobody

how do i make this work....anyone have this setup? Ricirculate or not? Pics would be helpful if someone's got any.

thanks...

hks makes the recirculation kit for your bov. its very cheap to make one for your car if you dont want to order the hks one.

recirculating the hks is easy enough. i'm gonna assume you're gonna run the stock i/c piping with the injen. you'll need a flange to bolt to the bottom of the bov. you can get this from www.8vturbo.com. then just run a hose to the flange and another one from the outlet of the bov. however, just a warning, it sounds like crap. vented to atm, it's the s***....it just doesn't cut it recirculated though.....get a greddy if you're gonna recirculate.

yes, done it. dont NEED to recirculate.

sounds like crap either way though, blah blah yeaddah yaddah

i did it to find out what it would sound like.
as you can see, i dont have it on my mods list. a friend of mine has an HKS on his jetta and we tried it out on the speed. the results were less than expected.

if you dont belive me, try it yourself.

Last edited:
Now...what are the side affects of not recirculating? I've read about the stalling, but is it really that bad? I ordered the recirc. fitting just in case and i am gonna run the stock i/c piping. My main concern is the stalling issue....Is it so bad that I have to recirculate it or is there any way to get around it, such as coming out of boost engine braking? Thanks for your help guys. I'm just a newb at all this turbo stuff. :)

u can make the HKS louder by changing the fin and i think making a screw or something tighter or something like that. still sounds good to me either way.

Dexter said:
you can barely hear the HKS over sound of the injen.

But intake sounds are heard on acceleration and BOV's are heard when you let off and shift. Am I missing something? :confused:

SonicRacer said:
But intake sounds are heard on acceleration and BOV's are heard when you let off and shift. Am I missing something? :confused:

alright....i meant the sound of the turbo or whatever makes the gobble gobble noise....do you even have the injen intake? first go find some sound clips of how the MSP sounds with the injen and then come back

if you get an chance, try to find someone with an HKS and install it. its a real easy install and you can see for yourself what im talking about

Dexter said:
alright....i meant the sound of the turbo or whatever makes the gobble gobble noise....do you even have the injen intake? first go find some sound clips of how the MSP sounds with the injen and then come back

if you get an chance, try to find someone with an HKS and install it. its a real easy install and you can see for yourself what im talking about

Well let me get my MSP first...then I'll get the Injen :D

I have not heard one with the Injen yet. From what I hear that's the one to get. I'll steal the SSQV off our Protege drag car to see what it sounds like.

Personally, I like the Blitz BOV anyway. Very clean sounding.

Dexter said:
do you even have the injen intake? first go find some sound clips of how the MSP sounds with the injen and then come back
or just find some sound clips of a turkey :D

Dexter said:

its only an easy install cuz we are the kings of ghetto and have done it like 5 times now :D

btw...u can try an external wastegate and it might change the sound but Im not really sure cuz the only way to find out is to try it. IMO, not worth it unless the gobble gobble REALLY annoys you but I rather get rid of the CAI than spend like 500 bux trying to get rid of the sound altogether.

Dexter said:
alright....i meant the sound of the turbo or whatever makes the gobble gobble noise....

Was there for the run, still sounds like a turkey. Take dexter's advice and stay with the stock BPV or go with somthing other than the HKS. When he ran his car with the injen and the HKS the only thing you can hear are the intake and the wastegate, that's it, no other sounds can be heard and it sounds like a turkey. Save your money get somthing else.

sonic - somebody posted some nice vids of the injen. run search, you're bound to find it.

soundbombing also posted a vid of his hks ssqv. it sounds really nice. no turkey heard but he does have hard piping, if that makes any difference.

MazdaspeedZOOM said:
Save your money get somthing else.

Get something else as in another part all together or another BOV? There are DEFINATLY cheaper alternatives to aftermarket BOV's than the HKS SSQV. That bad boy retails for $250! :eek:

MANY other things I'd rather spend the money on. An aftermarket BOV is not really even needed.

Back