hks bov

h0rsies

:
I am runnning the hks bov with vta. I heard the hks is not meant for our turbos and doesnt function as well. I am planning on gettging a custom tune soon do you think I can run the hks in vta?Or should I invest in the turbosmart dualport? I also heard the dualport is not as functional as running full recirc?

I am runnning the hks bov with vta. I heard the hks is not meant for our turbos and doesnt function as well. I am planning on gettging a custom tune soon do you think I can run the hks in vta?Or should I invest in the turbosmart dualport? I also heard the dualport is not as functional as running full recirc?

Trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole type of thinking here. Sorry.

Please, just sell the bov and get a simple BPV and set it up correctly running it in full recirc. If the stock BPV is not what you want, get the Forge and learn how to set it up and adjust it correctly.

I know you're stuck with the wrong piping for your IC, but that's not a good reason to mess up your AFR's with a dump to atmosphere when shifting. A tuning solution "adjustment" for this is just going to be a guess at trying to chase an constantly varying amount of dump under different speed, gearing and load conditions.

I'd be worried that since running VTA produces an overly rich condition, trying to tune around that would mean guessing at how much to lean out during a shift. I'd be worried that that adjustment might produce an excessively lean condition at other times. That might mean joining the zoom, zoom, boom club. That would be a lot more expensive and tragic than taking the time and spending a few more bucks to get what you need to run recirc.

As I think has been pointed out, if it's the "whoosh" sound and the turbo whine on light load spool up you are attracted to, you'd be surprised how loud even the stock BPV is, and how clearly you can hear spool up under light load, when you are running any aftermarket intake.

Last edited:
Please, just sell the bov and get a simple BPV and set it up correctly running it in full recirc. If the stock BPV is not what you want, get the Forge and learn how to set it up and adjust it correctly.

Whaaa the HKS he's got is able to run recirc why sell that. If fitment is an issue which the OP never said anything about in this post (scratch) you can clock that bov at diff angle and try a sillicone aftermarket resirc tube. I can rotate my hks 360 degrees if I wanted by squeezing the snap ring and turning it inside the flange ( of corse with resirc hose and vacume disconnected).

mine:

mompics035.jpg

mompics031.jpg

I would say probably because he already owns the hks. Plus hks is self adjusting and doesnt sound like a mario game.

The stock bpv is free, does not have any under hood clearance issues, does not kink the recirc hose and does not make Mario sounds. Nor does the gen 2 Forge. But then they don't bring much bling bling to the game.

well yeah i already have the hks but if I get a new pipe can run it full recirc. What Im wondering would it run well if i put the hks full reicirc compared to a forge or stock

If your planning on more mods DEFINETLY put it to recirc at least. Once i put a catless exaust i had major fuel cut. I thought cobb AP would fix it but it didnt. It is honestly best to keep the stock BPV on.

I had (actually still have) the HKS....I went back to stock because of my CEL that wouldn't ****** go away...As soon as I get my recirculation plug from SU, I will try it again. My stock valve has a major leak issue. If my VTA from the HKS still spits out CEL's, I will have to buy the recirc fitting and and aftermarket hose, as the stock hose is miles too friggin big...

Trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole type of thinking here. Sorry.

I know you're stuck with the wrong piping for your IC, but that's not a good reason to mess up your AFR's with a dump to atmosphere when shifting. A tuning solution "adjustment" for this is just going to be a guess at trying to chase an constantly varying amount of dump under different speed, gearing and load conditions.

I'd be worried that since running VTA produces an overly rich condition, trying to tune around that would mean guessing at how much to lean out during a shift. I'd be worried that that adjustment might produce an excessively lean condition at other times. That might mean joining the zoom, zoom, boom club. That would be a lot more expensive and tragic than taking the time and spending a few more bucks to get what you need to run recirc.

As I think has been pointed out, if it's the "whoosh" sound and the turbo whine on light load spool up you are attracted to, you'd be surprised how loud even the stock BPV is, and how clearly you can hear spool up under light load, when you are running any aftermarket intake.

+1

Definitely run in recirc, you'll be good to go.

Back