Hissing noise

asterix

:
Protege5, duh
I've noticed after I shut the engine off there is this load hissing sound coming from under the hood. Lasts about 30 seconds then just stops. Mostly happens after short <5 mile trips. Sort of sound like coolant is escaping from a valve or something, then it just shuts off. Anyone else notice this??

I don't know, maybe this normal? I've never heard this sound on any car I've ever own before, but then again I've never owned a car newer than 1988.

TIA

ya, i know what your talking about, dont worry about it unless youre leaving puddles wherever you park. i think its the ac or something? if it really bothers you take it to the dealer and have them check it out.

I have the injen and it makes that hissin' when I turn off the car I love the sound.When I first installed it and turned the car off many people thought I had a turbo? I was like no :( I told them it was the intake and they thought it was pretty awsome.

Last edited:
It the intake... I love the sound on my civic with the vented carbon hood. I plan on doing the same on the mp5.

Subghetto said:
I have the injen and it makes that hissin' when I turn off the car I love the sound.When I first installed it and turned the car off many people thought I had a turbo? I was like no :( I told them it was the intake and they thought it was pretty awsome.

lol ooh i tell them i have a turbo its so funny wen they go HOLY s*** i want one lmao

if it happens immediated after you turn off the car, it's the intake. if it happens a little while after you turn off the car, it's the air cond gas just moving slightly in the condensor.

Back