Higher boost with alcohol injection?

I imagine it wouldn't be hard to get into a routine where anyone could clean the injector nozzle after filling up the reservior.

I am about to run a meth inj kit for running 30+ psi.......... Guess I was lucky running 24 PSI on a stock motor and I never blew the motor I just stretched the #4 wristpin 1/4 an inch after 8 months. bumping since I am planning on running 30+ PSI plus N20 on my fully built 8 to 1 compression motor with EMS. My only problem is the Tranny!! More to follow on that so I wanted to bump this thread for more info ;)

Rob

24psi stock block everything????? thats insane!

I have water injectin and all the supporting mod and im still scared runing more than... 10psi..

Last edited:
Is there a particular EMS that works well with the meth kit? Or does it not really matter? I have the Unichip and J&S, but not sure if that would be sufficient for a good amount of boost (say maybe.. 16 psi?) or if I would need a standalone to go with the GT28RS.

Last edited:
you can control it with progressive controllers or with some standalones. labontemotorsports makes really good controllers for their meth kits

So, if i get a Methanol injection kit, I should def tune the e-manage for it ? I hear that running meth w/out tuning makes you run very rich, as low as 7:1.

I want to do this but, do it right.

i really dont know anything bout the meth injection for these cars.. what kind of hp increases are you all seeing with the meth? or is this just to let the a/f ratios run better and stop knock due to better a/f quality?

water injection, won't Directly give you more HP, other then giving you cooler intake temps, but it allows you to adjust other things go get more HP, for instance water injection raised the octane rating to about race gas so you can advance your timing, because it keeps things cooler, also water injection will clean out your carbon build up, I run it on my supercharger setup and it works great!!! with no intercooler is see about 88 degree intake temps, and that is WOT @ 6psi with the throttle body running hot coolant through it!!!

Water = Cooler charge, cleans engine, fights detonation.

Meth = All of the above + a big power boost when tuned right + 110-112 or so octane rating. Have I got that right ?

yes thats about right except the meth fights detonation because of the raised octane

Water = Cooler charge, cleans engine, fights detonation.

Meth = All of the above + a big power boost when tuned right + 110-112 or so octane rating. Have I got that right ?

Just FYI most good methanol mixes are 50/50 water and methanol. Ie. Boost Juice, Devil's Own mix, etc.

But Snow suggests you run Apex washer fluid for a 30/70 mix, 70 being water. I'm going with 50/50.

Latest posts

Back