High Milesge Owners Report?

GJ-Molestor

Banned
:
2011 BMW 528i, 2015 Mazda 6, 1995 Nissan Maxima Manual
Hey guys, hope everyone had a relaxing long-weekend.

Assuming that a thread like this would be of interest, I would like to gather some higher mileage owners to share their experience with the vehicle and how reliable it has been overall. To start off (I have a 6 sedan with the same 2.5L drivetrain) with about 50k or so miles on it. Car had been thoroughly solid inside and out and running well but i suspect I might need to walnut blast the intake valves for carbon buildup soon.

Looking to start a constructive thread and gather long term reliability reports. Thank you.

Our 2016 Touring had 32k miles on it when we sold it in March. Solid and no issues except for the "milky film" inside the headlights.

Hey guys, hope everyone had a relaxing long-weekend.

Assuming that a thread like this would be of interest, I would like to gather some higher mileage owners to share their experience with the vehicle and how reliable it has been overall. To start off (I have a 6 sedan with the same 2.5L drivetrain) with about 50k or so miles on it. Car had been thoroughly solid inside and out and running well but i suspect I might need to walnut blast the intake valves for carbon buildup soon.

Looking to start a constructive thread and gather long term reliability reports. Thank you.

What makes you think that?

100,000 miles plus equals high mileage, therefore I can not respond to this thread......(boom03)

87,000 miles so far. The left rear wheel bearing is going but other than that no problems at all. Seems to be holding up very well. Still get around 27.5 mpg overall.

I am close to 90K miles. I have had gone through 2 sets of tires (on my third) but one of those was a complete change for a flat tire. Otherwise, not much to complain about. I do think I had to change my brake pads and rotors but don't really remember. I will most likely get to 100K this year but have money down for a diesel 2017-2018 when they come out.

I am close to 90K miles. I have had gone through 2 sets of tires (on my third) but one of those was a complete change for a flat tire. Otherwise, not much to complain about. I do think I had to change my brake pads and rotors but don't really remember. I will most likely get to 100K this year but have money down for a diesel 2017-2018 when they come out.

When you say you have "money down", you mean you've given a deposit to a dealer? I'm surprised they'd take it with no ETA.

When you say you have "money down", you mean you've given a deposit to a dealer? I'm surprised they'd take it with no ETA.

Yup $500 to get one of the first. They don't know exactly when they will arrive but they said they have them on their order sheets. I told them I want a machine grey with white interior with premium package.

Yup $500 to get one of the first. They don't know exactly when they will arrive but they said they have them on their order sheets. I told them I want a machine grey with white interior with premium package.

Does that mean you pay list, with a smile?

What makes you think that?

well I am not certain, but recently the engine started to run a bit rougher throughout the RPM's and this very strange audible intake grumbling sound could be heard at low RPM's. fuel economy has gotten slightly worse. This car is my dads daily driver and he drives it very conservatively most of the time. The occasional time I take the car out, I do a few full throttle pulls and the exhaust smells terrible. the smell clears out after the third redline and the engine runs smoother, I just didnt get to do that very often which is why i suspect the build-up. At one point, this low-rpm grumbling got particularly bad and the car kept throwing CEL codes which would clear out rather quickly. I hooked up the ODB reader and it was some sort of intake related error code which makes me pretty certain that the car is going to need walnut blasting soon. (around 50k miles?)

I suspect that an occasional romp of the throttle regularly to avoid build-up on the valves would have helped. while I do like the benefits with torque and efficiency at idle/full throttle that DI brings, I think that a high-pressure multiport fuel injection system is the best compromise because this design keeps the intake valves clean for the life of the engine if designed well enough.

Last edited:
Back