High Mileage Club

USAFVMI08

:
2006 Mazdaspeed6
So, the Speed 6 finally clicked over 100K while I was driving from Seattle to Dayton back in March. She has 104K on her now. VVT and timing chain have both been replaced and the car runs great. Have had absolutely zero issues with it.

I did notice that my coolant is low...nothing in the reservoir and low in the radiator. I'll probably flush the coolant in it soon. Anyone done that before? If so, what fluid should I be buying?

Also, has anyone used any sort of high-mileage oil in their car? I'd like to switch over to that with my next oil change. I'll probably end up changing the fluids in the trans, transfer case, and rear diff as well soon.

i'm at 76k, and starting to feel it. got clunks and groans - and now rust.

I had a coolant leak after the EGR valve needed cleaned - i believe the manual has the coolant specs.

Hooray! People still post in this forum! I was a little worried...haha.

On that note, I'm definitely planning on keeping this car for the extremem longhaul and will probably make it my project car. I'm on the fence as far as what exactly I want to do with it...built motor, big turbo, lots of go fast items, or just keep it the way it is with the addition of maybe a few other items...coilovers, FMIC, possibly bigger turbo.

I know that the aftermarket's not terrible for this car but also not all that great. I know you can buy built motors and the like but the aftermarket is also really expensive. Is anyone here running setups like that?

Well Hi guys,

Im from Montreal and im not posting a lot on the forum but im reading much more.

108 000km in my MS6 2007

Good Things :

Car is clean.
Turbo and Timing Chain replaced at 98 000km.
Motor in good shape.

Bad things :

Clutch is dead ( i bough the car like that,when i tried the car,the clutch was pretty good until it get 40 degres outside. )
Rear motor mount fail
Passenger side motor mount fail ( When it's cold outside or simply cold start )
Rear Diff mount fail ( Replaced by SURE Dread and the bushing still fail so i got ****** )
The two Bolts from the Front Diff support broke like they were in paper ( Replaced by OEM )
Rear left Shock is dead

And the last news,from last week , my transmission leak,from the top . Probably from the Seal of the Shifter Pivot. I called this morning at the dealer,my extended guarantees ended last month , 15 march 2013 .

With all that i thing i still love the car, just going to repair it and pray too not have any more issue for a while ( trololol )

Later

147k miles. Stock motor, stock clutch and stock turbo. Go figure. Still runs great. I bought it from my friend who bought it from the original owner. The original owner took great care of it and have the VVT done around 100k miles. My buddy added a bunch of go fast parts, drove it for a couple months and sold it to me so he could get something bigger for work (he's got an MS3). I'm tuned for 19.5 psi (though I rarely go wot, I just baby it. But have had two auto-x'es and a half track day (blew a ps line)) but it still runs great. But I've got a spare MZR DISI in the garage for when this motor finally decides she's had enough.

I've got 156k on my stock 6s (V6/auto) and have not had any problems. I use synthetic oils and try to keep up on the routine maintenance as much as possible. My wife and I use it as our daily driver, depending on who is traveling further that day. I have autox'd once with rally2003 (Corey P) , but that is the extent of its track life so far. Hope to keep her on the road for a solid 250-300k. I know that there will be a tranny change sometime in my future, but I am trying to prolong it as much as possible.

Adam

Back