HID lights for my 2003 Protege

Ya I got the Techone thing. I bought mine 1 year ago...
And he's selling "Hi/Lo"s? Eeep, that surprises me. I had a cheap set of some no-name brand and those things were CRAP! What a waste of money...Techones worked great, but projectors are better ;)

not saying the ones he's selling now are crap.. i would doubt it. personally I hate the idea of mixing in 25 yo technology (my 1980 skylark came without halogen headlights) technology with HIDs. maybe I'm just being snotty again, idk. lol

to those saying 6000K is pure white, each and every place across the pond makes them to a different standard.

I've seen a guy that swears he bought a 6000K kit but, it matches the color output of my OEM D2S HID bulbs, which are 4300K

and 4300K is the OEM HID color. The reason you see the blue and purple is the cutoff flare of the projectors.

The most useable light would be between the 4000K and 5000K color temps

6000K is VERY MUCH an attention getter, especially with the police

to those saying 6000K is pure white, each and every place across the pond makes them to a different standard.

I've seen a guy that swears he bought a 6000K kit but, it matches the color output of my OEM D2S HID bulbs, which are 4300K

and 4300K is the OEM HID color. The reason you see the blue and purple is the cutoff flare of the projectors.

The most useable light would be between the 4000K and 5000K color temps

6000K is VERY MUCH an attention getter, especially with the police

my 6000Ks have gotten me no police attention.. and I was following 2 cops for a mile or more through a commercial district. they must be lower than a "true" 6K kit.

i got 8k in my car from another company locally and love them. look great at night but in the rain kinda hard to see the light but know its there because when i turn off the lights it gets really dark. check out ddmtuning.com, just got them for my bike and love them and they have everything you guys are looking for from 40 and up

DDM tuning sell the Raptor kits, which are currently powering my foglight projectors on both cars for the past few months and have had no problems, and at $40 per pair, i can't complain!!

my son gave me his 6000k hids and it's super bright. it was a cheap kit from his 240sx that got totaled. had it for 2 months and he had it for 1 month. so far so good. he also replaced a lot of other bulbs with leds. still, with his led brake lights somebody plowed right into me. yeah, i was drivin the 240 lol. i told him it wasn't bright enuff or the girl was blind. was all free so i can't complain.

pics of my 6k ddm kit on my bike

img0771q.jpg

4300K TechOne low beams and 3000K Raptor kit from DDM in the fogs

3748131400_d80a624584_b.jpg

4300K TechOne low beams and 3000K Raptor kit from DDM in the fogs

3748131400_d80a624584_b.jpg

3747342487_b611b6caae_b.jpg

I thought techone fell through and he was working with a different supplier now.. The one I saw didn't offer a bixenon kit, but rather an HID low with Halogen high beam kit... which personally I would NEVER spend money on.

personally I would go with 5K-6K. I have a 6K kit, and it is MORE than blue enough for me, I'm not going for a ton of flash, and as you see, the lower the color temp you choose, the more actual light output you get.

when you order the kit, what bulb do you select for the 6000K light? i know to get the 35watt slim kit, but which bulb? The H1, H2, H4, H7? Thanks

Back