Hid installation help

amilliems6

:
MazdaSpeed6
i just bought new hid lights to change out the stock 4300k bulbs that we have on ours ms6 and i cant replace the bulbs.. its a PITA.

any pointers on how i can do it?

suggestions?

Pull the bumper and then pull the headlamp assemblies out, swap bulbs, then reverse. I've heard getting to the bulbs is a bit tricky. I don't know of a how-to for removing the bumper though.

Taking a bumper off isn't terribly hard though, just put it up on ramps/stands, then find every bolt, screw, or fastener touching the bumper and then try to remove it.

well thats going to be a pita especially since i dont have raps.

i hope some1 on here did it a diff way cuz thats gunna be a b**** and half

Hope this helps, follow the order on the table, 1= step 1 etc...
I installed my passenger headlight without taking out the bumper from the top, but the driver side is a PITA to get to without taking out the headlight assemblies.

Sidenote: I'm from the chi too we should meet up sometime.

Attachments

• 140564648.gif
    140564648.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 140564649.gif
    140564649.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Yes and sorry. I will post pics later... no one replied so I didn't bother posting them =/... they look great though.

Ill post pics later don't worry =)

so here are some pics that i managed to get in my spare time... now i understand that they arent the greatest pics since they were taken with my fone but i will post more tomorrow night with an actual camera lol.. i was just busy today with school and work and had no time.(stooges)

better quality pics coming tomorrow night

Attachments

• IMG00330.JPG
    IMG00330.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG00329.JPG
    IMG00329.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG00324.JPG
    IMG00324.JPG
    316 KB · Views: 159
Back