HID Flickering during start up?

rdemattio

:
2008 Mazda 3 I Sport
Hello, I just installed Morimoto 3 35w 6000k HID's. When I turn them on (only when they are cold) the left one flickers and changes colors for about 5 seconds, then remains the right color. If i turn them off and then right back on, it dont do it. Is this normal? It looks really weird when its only the left. Thanks, Ryan

Yeah this is common. I beleive. Mine kinda flickr then like "heat up" and get to the right brightness

I'm going to swap my bulbs, my ballast are mounted under my headlights so I would have to take everything apart

It's not the normal HID warmup time is it? They need to heat up for about 5 seconds before they turn the right color and get fully bright.

Yeah I would check your connections and make sure they are all tight too. If you have a bad connection it might cause flickering.

Well, I called retro source and he said to switch the bulbs so we would know if it was a ballast or bulb. So I switched the bulbs and now I don't think it is doing it anymore. It was deffinetly not the normal warm up time (very noticeable flickers and color change, almost like a florescent bulb going out). I couldnt really tell in the day time for sure though, I'm getting ready to head out to work (330 am) so I will find out for sure here soon!

Back