Hid Conversion Kit

nice ! it looks good ! how much did u get em for ? i got mine done a month ago and paid 300 for it in this shop. mines 8000k, i don't like em too blue ;) !!
mines might be too pricey , but at least i got lifetime warranty on my kit from the shop :)

would you by any chance have a picture that shows the cutoff of the headlight beam against a wall? i just want to see how much glare it will produce when you switch over to HID

I don't have one right now, but I'll post one later.

nice ! it looks good ! how much did u get em for ? i got mine done a month ago and paid 300 for it in this shop. mines 8000k, i don't like em too blue ;) !!
mines might be too pricey , but at least i got lifetime warranty on my kit from the shop :)

I paid $80 with shipping included, mines are 10000K. I really like the blue look.

Blue high temp lights (xenon or halogen) are so annoying and they aren't the best for illumination either. They should be made illegal. Wait, they already are, I wish the cops would enforce it...

I have the GT that comes with the HID low beams. I was considering getting these to convert the fogs and/or the high beams.

Anybody know what temp would be the best match for the factory HID bulbs? I know they aren't very blue, so it's pretty low.

Keep in mind that if you convert the high beams, you won't be able to flash. Flashing will shorten the life of your HID bulbs significantly. I was thinking about doing my fog lights.

stock halogen low beam is a single filament bulb, and there is a complete separate bulb and housing for the highbeam.

so even when you have halogens, the low beam is still on when you turn on the high beam. therefore, even with hid low beams, it will stay on when you have the halogen high beams on.

I got them. They were very easy to install and look beautifull. I recomend them. I bought the 10000K blue ones, they have other colors for you to chose from.

Do you have the part number for the HID you bought?, i want to buy them and make them shipped to Mexico City.

My 2008 Sport CX9 comes with standard halogen lights, what lights did yours have?

Thanks!

Andres

Please remember to re-aim your housings so that the light is on the road not up at the oncoming traffic. I support these kits and have one myself, but so many folks just pop them in and proceed to blind everyone because they do not think to do this last step.

Anybody knows how to re-aim or adjust the housing for the low beam headlights in the CX-9?

I cannot find any instruction in the owner's manual.

Thank you,
Tambeng

Anybody knows how to re-aim or adjust the housing for the low beam headlights in the CX-9?

I cannot find any instruction in the owner's manual.

Thank you,
Tambeng

On my former P5, there was a brass bolt that allowed up and down adjustment. On my BMW, there are two thumbwheels for up/down and left/right. I imagine it is something similar. You would aim the lights at a wall and adjust to see which way makes it go up or down.

The top cutoff should be no higher than the top of someone's trunk lid when you are following them.

ZoomFive

Back