HID Bulbs/Fogs

GhostMercury

:
MazdaSpeed 3 08.5
Hey guys I'm looking to get a bulb for the GT's HIDs that is one more stage to the blue side. And then get some fog lights to match. So I just wanted to know what temperature bulbs I would need. And then what size I need for the fog lights and head lights. Also what kit have you guys used for the fogs and a how to someone may have would be sweet.

Thanks Guys

I have 9006 luminics yellow bulbs in my fogs. I have 8000K hids in the low beams. I like them to be a little MORE blue then just a little bit of blue.

Best thing if you want to go slightly more blue is 6000K it will be pretty damn bright and give you a hint of blue, but mostly an extreme bright white. If you want to go more on the bluer side, get 8000K color. 6000K will light up the road more, but 8000K looks cooler blue so I like it that way.

Here is a pic of mine. Although you want matching hid/fog I like the yellow look and i did not need to buy an hid kid for the fog, just yellow bulbs by Luminics, size 9006

3087711_47_full.jpg

3087711_13_full.jpg

Did you just change out the bulbs in your headlights?

and did you remove that housing thing in your fogs? if so how did you do it

for the back you just have to pull off the rubber surroung piece, it pulls right off and put in new bulbs, it should have plugs on the bulb just to plus into. I believe its just D2S bulbs for the headlights thats it, like 40-60 on ebay for them.
as far as color wise just look at the many ebay charts for the color differences. brightness wise 6000K is pretty bright, 8000K is dimmer but a nicer bluish color.

for the fogs I did not remove the housing for it, are you referring to the ring around the bulb portion? I just got under the bumper and twisted the fog bulb out like a headlight bulb and put in the new one. Took hardly any time

o i think the picture is just strait on so you can't see it. I know a couple people have taken that thing out. i just have to figure out how before i go climbing under the car

yeah its still in there, but since it doesnt have a cap on it you can still install an HID bulb in there whtou thitting it on anything. The 9006 bulbs is pretty big around and the hid is skinnier.

depends on if you are looking for a matching low beam and fog light combined look or if you like the yellow look like I did.

but a 6000K kit for the headlights and the fogs will look good. I found a thread about it where this guy got matching high beams, low beams and fog lights so you can see what that looks like:

for the life of me now I cannot find it but I looked at it this morning, it was on a regular 3. but it looked good with all 3 matching 4300K temp

Last edited:
is it a problem if I put hid's in my non-hid foglight housings? or do some mods have to be done for that??

is it a problem if I put hid's in my non-hid foglight housings? or do some mods have to be done for that??

I was wondering about this as well. Is the factory HID housing different than the halogen housing? If not than simply buying one of these kits should yield the same result as going with the factory HID, but if the housing is different are we blinding our fellow motorist with the use these kits? Should we also buy the HID housing from mazda?

There should be no difference for HID vs halogen housing. In fact, HID's burn cooler than halogens so you don't need to worry about any kind of heating/melting issue. The bulb itself will be only slightly different in shape than a halogen, but will fit just fine (if you get the correct kit).

PM me if you want more details on installation, or a great link to buy good kits for cheap.

There should be no difference for HID vs halogen housing. In fact, HID's burn cooler than halogens so you don't need to worry about any kind of heating/melting issue. The bulb itself will be only slightly different in shape than a halogen, but will fit just fine (if you get the correct kit).

PM me if you want more details on installation, or a great link to buy good kits for cheap.
The housings are quite different.

The housings are quite different.

how different are they? I bought an ebay hid kit and mine wires in fine for my headlights. My pics are up above. Just wondering tho on the housing thing, if they are any less bright than the reflectors in the hid housing

Back