Hid bulb selection...

yeah the 12,000K Iceberg Blue is in the H7 bulb that is standard lowbeam for 02-03 Pro5

What's up!! I decided to go HID's and am going to get them from Xenon Expert's DDM slim kit with the 35Watt. My question is what bulb do i select? Is there a chart somewhere where i can see what the options are for the bulb? Do i go with the H1 as its defaulted to? I own a 02 P5. thanks,

Antonio

i have H7 12,000k Iceberg Blue. I'll edit my post shortly with some pics of the look and the output. I LOVE MY HID'S

you have seen so many hids in person, take your pick lol. i have 8000k, leonard has 6000k, boston has 10000k, and badger has 4500k i think.

Low beam is H7 for the P5.

And here's a good picture comparing the HID temperatures.

hid_photos_compare.jpg

As stated already, the Bulb base style is H7 for the low beam

the XXXXK numbers are Kelvin color temp ratings.

The lower the number, the yellower with 4000K being pure white, 4300K is OEM in most high end luxury cars

any higher the number you go, they get blue then purple

and before someone says "BMW's are purple, iv'e seen it"

That is the flickr of the projectors. The light output is white, but, what YOU see is the projectors cutoff.

As you can see further down my beam pattern, the purple along the edge is due to the projectors, they bulb colors are 4300K

3730525869_2fae4b577e_b.jpg

and in this one, lookin at the car, it looks blue, but, light output on the ground is pure white

3730527125_fb16a81258_b.jpg

Last edited:
What Pro5x2 said and if you like to drive at night or in bad weather and see the road I'd suggest no higher than 6k.

thanks for the help...Man, those pics explained and helped alot. Ordering the 35watt, H-7 bulb with the 6000K DDM slim Kit. But on the website though, it shows H-4 for the low beam, but i will go with you guys and get the H-7. thanks

Antonio

As stated already, the Bulb base style is H7 for the low beam

the XXXXK numbers are Kelvin color temp ratings.

The lower the number, the yellower with 4000K being pure white, 4300K is OEM in most high end luxury cars

any higher the number you go, they get blue then purple

and before someone says "BMW's are purple, iv'e seen it"

That is the flickr of the projectors. The light output is white, but, what YOU see is the projectors cutoff.

As you can see further down my beam pattern, the purple along the edge is due to the projectors, they bulb colors are 4300K

3730525869_2fae4b577e_b.jpg

and in this one, lookin at the car, it looks blue, but, light output on the ground is pure white

3730527125_fb16a81258_b.jpg

Love your headlamps mod!(stoned)

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/

Here is a link to an online bulb replacement guide, just in case you doubt anything we tell ya. as far as not being able to see with bulbs greater than 6k, well poor eyesight has something to do with that too. I have 12k 35w H7 bulbs and I can see everything just fine.

Thanks, hell i am not doubting you guys. Just wanted to make sure I didnt screw up and then go through the hassel of an exchange of bulbs.

h4 is for the sedan, so if you got them you could always give them to me :D

btw the higher the kelvin the lower light output you actually get. anything below 6k is ok. anything over is just retarded and mostly just for show.

Back