HID Ballast Placement

MomoP5

:
2002 Protege 5
I recently purchased a HID kit and I was wondering where's the best place to mount the ballasts. I don't have a pop rivet gun so unfortunately that's out of the question. I've seen the thread showing someone taking their bumper off but I was wondering if there's a place easy to get to. Thanks in advance!(thumb)

I used double sided tape to mount the PS ballast to the inner fender (behind the washer fluid container) and I mounted the DS ballast to the side of the fuse box.

Once the weather warms up, I'll be moving them behind the bumper.

thanks sounds logical, i suppose the best way to go is just taking the front off huh...

I mounted mine to the side of the fuse box like CT, and my other one is on the part of the body just before the strut tower on the passenger side...

Hey guys. I am bringing this thread back to life. I figured out a good place to mount the ballasts. If you need step by step instruction let me know. I have one problem and I am hoping someone can help me. I put in the bulbs and the white strip is on the top but it is still had to see at night. I don't really see the light on the ground in front of me when I turn on the lights at night. It seems like the light is shinning too high and not hitting the floor but I followed the directions and I place the light bulb correctly in the headlight and used the clip to hold it into place. Any thoughts on by the light might be shinning too high up? I have 6000k and from what I have read those are suppose to be nice and bright.

Anyway.. Here are the pics

Have you tried turning the adjustment knobs on the back of the headlight assemblies?

NOPE! How do I do that? ... I am editing this to say that I used my computer skills to google how to do the adjustment. I will try it later tonight.

Last edited:
I did mine like this............probably leave them in same place when I switch in the sedan housings and go with H4 HIDs from my truck.

HIDs_02.JPG

HIDs_04.JPG

I mounted mine under the headlights behind the bumper. That way you can't see anything but the one wire running up to the bulb from the ballast. Very clean looking!

I mounted mine under the headlights behind the bumper. That way you can't see anything but the one wire running up to the bulb from the ballast. Very clean looking!

I bet it looks clean as heck. You had to remove the bumper for that, correct? I might end up doing that in the future.

I had the bumper cover off and headlights out when I did mine. I used self tapping screws to attach the brackets to the frame rails.

Latest posts

Back