Hiboosted F10 P5 @10psi need 93 octane maps

shane02pro5

25ish_psi
:
New Caney TX
F10 93 octane MAP settings with 2-1/2" (no cats if it matters)

I PM'ed Juan, but haven't heard back from him and am very anxious and impatient.

I can't believe the difference just going from 8 to 10psi. I have been too scared to push it not knowing how the 91 octane MAPs will run. (boom01)

I have my car running near perfect at 10psi but need my MAPs straightened out. I have the Halwin F10 software loaded. I downloaded the instructions PDF file but the scripts did not display for the control keys and only appeared as dots.

Anyone have the instructions or if it is just a matter of copying a file with the new MAPs instruct me which keys to access it with.

Any help is greatly appreciated in advance

I desperately need to set my rev limiter back also so help with this would also be appreciated.

What size injectors are you using? If you are still running the stock injectors they will hit 100% duty cycle. Where in houston do you live?

I am running stock injectors. I have seen in several posts that Juan stated on 93 octane you can run 10psi. I live in New Caney which is just north of Kingwood on Hwy 59. The car is running awesome with no hesitation or anything. I got my kit over a year ago and have been running the 91 octane fuel maps Juan set up on 93 octane gas. I can get a little more power with 93 maps from what I understand.

Shane

When I was at 10 psi I was having problems and had my car dynoed. While we were dynoing it we datalogged a couple of runs and my injectors were hitting 100% duty cycle. I emailed juan and he said yes if it is boosting 10psi you will hit 100% duty cycle. I'm running 9psi now and everything is fine. I would suggest getting bigger injectors. I've been looking for some wrx injectors for quite sometime now.

I haven't been on a dyno yet. Sounds like bigger injectors will be next up. Are you running the F10 also. If so, do you have 93 octane maps?

running the 91 octane with 93 will be safer just to let you know.
you WILL need larger injectors, Captain Krm P5 was maxing his out at 7.5psi with his T3 running at 12:1

SLA
How do you know if you hit 100% injector duty cycle? What other problems were you having? What is your set-up? P5?

Still need F10 93 octane maps, anyone??

Aricjm15 said:
running the 91 octane with 93 will be safer just to let you know.
you WILL need larger injectors, Captain Krm P5 was maxing his out at 7.5psi with his T3 running at 12:1

Thanks for the input, just looking for a little more power with the setup I have with injectors next on my list.

Does the fact that the F10 changes injection control from sequential to multiport allow the Hiboost set-up to run a higher psi? (thought)

shane02pro5 said:
SLA
How do you know if you hit 100% injector duty cycle? What other problems were you having? What is your set-up? P5?

Still need F10 93 octane maps, anyone??
I'm running the f10x, To know what duty cycle you are at get the halwin software(can be downloaded from haltech website) and datalog the injector duty cycle(you can pick what you want to datalog in the setup menu). Start the datalog and go make some hard runs in 3rd gear(start at a lower rpm and take it to redline). It is usually a better idea to do this with another person so either you or your friend can hangon to the laptop. After you do this you can go back and look at the info you logged and even save it if you wish. Or you can bring up the gauge window and watch the duty cycle gauge while someone else drives. I would personally datalog the info so you can see what your duty cycle is a different rpms.
As for the other problems I was having, that was the main one. I was also still getting a cel at the time but have solved that problem.
My setup is the hiboost kit w/ f10x, act street/strip clutch and boosting at 9 psi, on an 02' dx. Once I get bigger injectors I will get it tuned for 10psi and another map for 12psi.

SLA said:
To know what duty cycle you are at get the halwin software(can be downloaded from haltech website) and datalog the injector duty cycle(you can pick what you want to datalog in the setup menu). Start the datalog and go make some hard runs in 3rd gear(start at a lower rpm and take it to redline). It is usually a better idea to do this with another person so either you or your friend can hangon to the laptop. another map for 12psi.

Unfortunately I don't have a laptop, but do have the Halwin software loaded on my home computer. That's why I was hoping to just get a copy of a 93 octane map to load as it would come from Juan.

12psi on a stock motor? You must have more money in your piggy bank than me.

shane02pro5 said:
Unfortunately I don't have a laptop, but do have the Halwin software loaded on my home computer. That's why I was hoping to just get a copy of a 93 octane map to load as it would come from Juan.

12psi on a stock motor? You must have more money in your piggy bank than me.
12psi map wouldn't be for the motor when its stock. ;)
I'm not sure if my map would be right for you because it was set for 9psi so would might run to rich. I have to work all this weekend but, if you would want to meetup next weekend you could use my laptop and try loading my map.

SLA said:
12psi map wouldn't be for the motor when its stock. ;)
I'm not sure if my map would be right for you because it was set for 9psi so would might run to rich. I have to work all this weekend but, if you would want to meetup next weekend you could use my laptop and try loading my map.

Right now I am running 10psi on 93oct with 8psi on 91oct maps. The F10x software is a different program than the F10, I think.

Thanks for the offer with the laptop. I will be in Pearland Saturday night thru Sunday morning which is not that far from Galveston. Are you all the to Galveston?

shane02pro5 said:
Right now I am running 10psi on 93oct with 8psi on 91oct maps. The F10x software is a different program than the F10, I think.
Oh yeah I forgot you said f10. I'm not all the way to galveston, I'm in santa fe. I was planning on going to galveston tonight though. So you are already boostin at 10psi? When you go wot does your car buck or hesatate at all?
What time are you goin to be in pearland?

It feels perfect at WOT no problems, pulls so very hard. I have my kids with me until next weekend. I have a buddy in Pearland, we hit the town Saturday night and of course I drive. Then I stay out there instead of driving all the way back home afterwards til Sunday morning.

shane02pro5 said:
It feels perfect at WOT no problems, pulls so very hard. I have my kids with me until next weekend. I have a buddy in Pearland, we hit the town Saturday night and of course I drive. Then I stay out there instead of driving all the way back home afterwards til Sunday morning.
Then I would probably say you're at about 90% duty cycle. You maynot have to get injectors. Are talking about today and tommorrow or next weekend?

Not until next weekend. How does it feel when they max out? Just like a stumble or hesitation at high rpms. I definately don't have that, fells very strong. Do you have the 2.0 FS or is it the 1.8 (different injectors I would assume). How long have you had Hiboost? Not sure how far Santa Fe is from Pearland. I'd like to meet up anyway just to check another Hiboosted protege.

Anyone else have a map they would like to share 93 octane 10psi F10 P5 I know there has to be someone out there.

it will take Juan about 8 months to send you a map, not to sound like a jackass, but the fastest way would be to get a wideband and start screwing around with it, really all you need to do is pull fuel untill it runs 12:1 under boost and around 13:1 out of boost, and 14:1 at idle

Aricjm15 said:
it will take Juan about 8 months to send you a map, not to sound like a jackass, but the fastest way would be to get a wideband and start screwing around with it, really all you need to do is pull fuel untill it runs 12:1 under boost and around 13:1 out of boost, and 14:1 at idle

----- Original Message -----
To: shane02pro5 @ Mazda Forums <shane_chapman@ev1.net>
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 12:39 PM
Subject: Re: 93 Octane mapping

> Hi Shane,
>
> I will send the software and the mapping. You will
> need to get a laptop with windows 98 at the most
> (2000,XP or later will not work) And it needs to have
> a 9 pin connector.
>
> Juan

Yes, I'm still waiting!

I downloaded the software and am ready to go. A wideband 02 would be the way out, but I don't have the extra $350 right now. I have about $9000 into my car right now and really really don't need to spend any more. Just want to make use of what I have already paid for!!! (deadhorse

Back