hi guys, first post....

beaterp5

:
Mazda protege5
Here is a little bit of history on my car, I have a 2003 protege5, right now as it sits the auto tranny is out, and the timing belt needs replaced. I contemplated on selling the car but it grew on me, plus every damn person in town has a Honda...this is my work car however my goal with it is to be able to surprise most the Honda's around town..I have been researching and have decided to do a five speed swap and fix the timing belt...my car has 150,000 miles but before the timing belt went she ran real nice! I have enjoyed reading some of your builds and I will continue to lurk here, I will also keep you guys updated on my progress!

Well tomorrow I'm picking up a 2002 p5 parts car that actually runs and drives, it's a five speed car so it has everything I need to do the swap, I would just fix this car up as I like the color better (silver), and I wouldn't need to swap the transmission...however it's very rusty, and my yellow p5 is a lot more solid.....

I read up on the mp3 computer, I'll def find one, u pull it yards around here are dirt cheap....

Yes I believe I read that thread, it's stickied I believe? What makes it nice about buying this parts car is I'll have everything I need right here at my house....I read a few auto to manual swaps online, but half of the threads were never even finished, possibly due to the project being abandoned?

Well I just bought the "parts" car....I think I'll just keep this one and drive it, underside of the car ain't as bad as I thought it would be, body looks shity tho.....I'll probably end up pulling parts off of the yellow car nd then part the rest of it out...

Well guys, the wife is bitching at me because I want to keep the rusty silver p5 over the cleaner yellow one, I think I'll just keep the silver car as it's a 5 speed, I like silver better. I think I'll just pull body parts off of the yellow car, paint them silver and make me a nice dd p5

OK I should have snapped some pics today, I was out there messing with it, I'll get some tomorrow. I was looking at the back hatch of the silver car and noticed that there was a gap between the hatch and the body, it looks like someone took a sledge hammer to the inside of the car causing a gap there, so I may have to go with the yellow car and do the 5 speed swap like I intended. I will throw some pics up of both cars and see what you guys think...

Back