Hi all, newbee here having bizarre problem w my mazda6

4UHoney

:
2005 mazda 6
Hi guys n girls, recently my 2005 mazda 6 developed this problem that left me n mechanic puzzled. fuel is mixing w oil, lots of fuel, in abour 1 hour new oil thins out to the extent of triggering the low oil press warning lite.
At this point im considering 2 possibilities, the CDFP leaking or injector stuck open,
Does anybody here ever heard of anything similar, can someone add other possibilities?...I havent done a compression test yet to rule out piston rings blowby, but engine has about 90 K miles and since this happened rather suddenly and the engine runs smoothly im inclined to rule that chance out.
any help, comment, idea, advise....Ill greatly appreciate.
Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
hi
just wondered if you got this problem sorted. i guess you have by now. but as a deisel mechanic myself i would take a look at the high pressure fuel pump, i have known the issue previously in other makes and that the seals in the pump fail and fuel passes into the oil way and thinning out the oil very quickly. if it doesnt run rough or have any other problems i would say the injectors would be ok and the piston rings ok to. injector stuck open would also cause poor starting. it would smoke abit too as it would not put the fuel so quickly into the sump but burn it off also.
hope you got/get this sorted ok and would be interested in the result.
regards

Back