hey.

Gummie_guy

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
hey. new here/ progress log.

Thought i would introduce myself to the P5 community. My name is Nate, I just picked up a 2002 with 122k on the clock last week. Mainly bought it for a daily (its auto) but will be doing some modifications to it. its already been dropped on 17's.

I am coming from the DSM world and quite frankly i wish i hadnt traded my car for this specific one.

here is a pic of my awd eclipse spyder that i traded.
426875_201786036616588_879649914_n.jpg

and here is my P5 (headbang)
photobucket-1346-1344194248633.jpg

It currently needs smaller tires, fog lights, and the headlights worked out. I plan on a lip kit and some other exterior mods to it.

Last edited:
Welcome, those are two very nice cars.. congrats on the p5 tho.. even with the little problems you will grow to love it:)

umm did you do the awd conversion on the eclipse

It was done by one of the previous owners. the thing was awesome though, it had 3-4 inches of ground clearance at its lowest point and went through 6-8 inches of snow without hesitating.

on another note. the stickers that the previous owner put on the p5's paint have all been removed. I am going to do a fabric change on the door panels and do some stickerbombing to some of the interior trim pieces, such as the radio surround since they have some blemishes on them anyways. I will probably turn this thread into my own little progress log.

moar pics. welcome!!!

more pics will come once i start driving the thing. its sitting on jack stands until i can get new tires and then get it registered.

the whole ride from detroit to lansing i could smell rubber, i figured it was from the tires hitting plastic since my mustang would do that occasionally but once i got home and got it off the ground i figured out why.
399476_208524992609359_1944373650_n.jpg

well today i got a little ambitious and decided to tackle some things i have been wanting to do. spent a couple days tracking down some sweet fabric and covered up the door panels.
photobucket-8331-1344737821981.jpg

and got it installed back in the car.

photobucket-1696-1344737833154.jpg

and I decided to take out my headlight so i can get a better idea on why my low beams are not working. the wiring on this thing is ****** up. there is a splice for a 2 prong connector for the low beams and wires that were just wrapped and taped for the side markers. Ill probably end up redoing the whole segment of wiring that attaches to the front bumper.

for now it sits in a drift spec state.
photobucket-6304-1344738659383.jpg

Back