Hey guys, new guy joining.

nKukoly333

:
2002 Mazda Protege5.
Hey guys, I was just browsing around checking out pictures of cars and I happened to stop by on this forum, I plan on staying too.
I really want to get into cars, but I don't have the knowledge to do much car talking so I am going to hang around and learn from other people.
Cars have always been a big interest of mine but I never was in a situation to really learn much about them.

Let me introduce myself.

My name is Nicholas and I live in Omaha, Nebraska, I used to drive a 1989 Chevrolet Camaro [pics on request] but due to major transmission and sensor problems I got rid of it.

I just bought a 2002 Mazda Protege5 in white [pics on request] and so far I am really liking it. I want to add some modifications on to it, but I currently don't know how to. Which is why I am here, to learn with the best.

Some more random info: I play the drums (band) , and when I used to drive my Camaro I would have to rely on other people to help me carry my set around. But now with my P5 I can carry my set, hardware, cymbals etc. I really enjoy my new car.

Anyone else here play the drums?
Hope to get to know some of you guys.

Comments, questions etc are welcome
- SDX.

Last edited:
welcome!

we can help you do just about anything.....

just ask ... and chances are- the question has been asked bofore, so at least one of us will know.

(mswerd)

now let the madness begin!

Welcome! You could get intake, exhaust, and camshafts for starters.
(the search button will find a ton of answers for you)

I played drums...then carpels tunnel syndrum took over.... (thus I'm selling both of my drumsets... see sig)

Last edited:
Nice dude! I currently have an Export, a MasterWorks Carbon Fiber snare and a Roland TD-3S.

I am soo sorry to hear about the Carpel Tunnel!!!

Last edited:
yes welcome... search button is your friend... This site is an endless pile of car how to's and general knowledge...

the flame wars are quite funny sometimes too:) ...

Welcome, Nick. I knew jack about cars when I joined. Now I think I know all kinds of stuff haha. It's a great place to learn info. Yeah, use the search button if you're unsure about something specific. If you're looking for general answers, take your time and look through the forum for it (ex you want to go turbo, see the F/I forum; N/A, see N/A forum). Chances are, someone's asked a similar question as you within the first few pages of threads.

Let's see some pics!

Pictures? Sure!

Here is a picture of my 1989 RS Camaro aka Katherine.

Here is a picture of my 2002 Protege5 [She needs a name... any suggestions?]

Sorry the pictures of my P5 are really crappy,.. my friend took the picture with his phone.

I have some pictures of my last show I played with the band M.E if anyone is bored and wants to see.

Attachments

• katherine.jpg
    katherine.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 153
  • protege5.jpg
    protege5.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 160
I looovveee 3rd Generation F-Body Camaros. And it was a damn shame that I had to get rid of her. I love her:/.

Oh by the way!! I contacted the new owner of my Camaro, and I get to have my senior pictures taken with the car!! I can't wait!

But the P5 is nice:). Anyone have any suggestions for a name for her?

Great place to learn about cars especially ours. i didnt know what i want to do to my car before i joined. Of course my P5 is still stock cuz im a hobo and a bum (yes you can be both) so i dont have money....

I named mine Suki... means "like" in japanese. next car would be koishii which means beloved.
shadowdrummerX said:
I looovveee 3rd Generation F-Body Camaros. And it was a damn shame that I had to get rid of her. I love her:/.
Oh by the way!! I contacted the new owner of my Camaro, and I get to have my senior pictures taken with the car!! I can't wait!

But the P5 is nice:). Anyone have any suggestions for a name for her?

Thanks for the rep DE31:).

Sorry I am really noobish feeling. It is weird joining a forum that you know nothing about.

I am also a large member of the PearlDrummersForum. But that is completely different than this.

shadowdrummerX said:
Thanks for the rep DE31:).

Sorry I am really noobish feeling. It is weird joining a forum that you know nothing about.

I am also a large member of the PearlDrummersForum. But that is completely different than this.
I used to go there daily... but I've been addicted to this forum so much.
Post some pics of the drums (rockon)

My friend named my car "FeFe" and it stuck
ehh.. it's all a joke making fun of the gay little e' on Protege'
and it shows off all the testosterone the car has (or the lack thereof)

Prodigy said:
I used to go there daily... but I've been addicted to this forum so much.
Post some pics of the drums (rockon)

My friend named my car "FeFe" and it stuck
ehh.. it's all a joke making fun of the gay little e' on Protege'
and it shows off all the testosterone the car has (or the lack thereof)
I don't have any pictures of just the drums. But I have pictures from my last show if that would help

Pearl EX:
Sizes: 22, 18, 16, 12

Pearl Masterworks Carbon Fiber snare; 14x6.5

Cymbal specs:
-14" Avedis New Beat Hihats
-16" Avedis Med Thin Crash
-18" K Dark Med Thin Crash
-22" ZXT Med Ride
-21" Avedis Sweet Ride

The two ride cymbals were switched out depending on the song that was being performed. I didn't have any A Custom Rides, so I settled for the ZXT's brightness for the flat bright washyness I needed.

I plan on upgrading to an SMX by Christmas.. I can't wait to get it.

Otherwise the show went great.

We played 5 of our own songs, 3 covers:
Pink Floyd - Time [Which opened up the whole setlist with the overdubbed intro of the song's clock work, then guitar solo
Brand New - The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot
Led Zeppelin - Babe Im Gonna Leave you [ending of the setlist]

Attachments

• 9.gif
    9.gif
    102.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 8.gif
    8.gif
    100.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 5.gif
    5.gif
    95.4 KB · Views: 160