hesitation what to do???

spike blue

:
2007 mazda CX-7,Kia sephia 2006 Audi A4 Sline
i know is the 100th time but my car is hesitating too much. when i change to a second gear it makes a big hesitation. what can i do to fix it. Thanks a lot.

If you have an exhaust check it for loose bolts. Check your airbox for any fitting issues.

ums said:
If you have an exhaust check it for loose bolts. Check your airbox for any fitting issues.

i don't have the airbox i have a filter instead of it. My car is flashed should i re-flash it again or not why and why not? thanks for helping me my car is making me crazy LOL.

spike blue said:
i don't have the airbox i have a filter instead of it. My car is flashed should i re-flash it again or not why and why not? thanks for helping me my car is making me crazy LOL.

i thought i saw someone do that and it helped but not much

spike blue said:
Definetly do not reflash it again! Just get fuel management and call it a day (doh)

Do you have an actual intake or did you just throw a filter on in place of the airbox?

The latter is a pretty dumb thing to do, as all the hot air from the radiator is being blown right into your intake.

You will LOSE power by doing this.

Other than that, try resetting your PCM.

I had that problem too. I put a corksport exhaust on and it went away.

kicker22705 said:
my hessitation was very bad. i got dsm's afc (psc1) and my hessitation is virtually gone now.

what does the dsm's (pcsc1) do??? and where can i find it??? thanks a lot for the help.

jersey_emt said:
Do you have an actual intake or did you just throw a filter on in place of the airbox?

The latter is a pretty dumb thing to do, as all the hot air from the radiator is being blown right into your intake.

You will LOSE power by doing this.

Other than that, try resetting your PCM.

1st question yes i have a filter on in place of the airbox

ok how i reset my pcm??? thanks

to reset, just unplug your neg batt term for about 15 minutes, you will have to reset your radio presets though (sad2)

Velocifero said:
to reset, just unplug your neg batt term for about 15 minutes, you will have to reset your radio presets though (sad2)

all you gotta do is unplug the battery and press the break pedal 10 times, then plug the battery back up. that way u don't reset the stereo

mazpro said:
all you gotta do is unplug the battery and press the break pedal 10 times, then plug the battery back up. that way u don't reset the stereo
cool, i'll have to try that next time

It's a problem with the ECU, Do you have an A/F?

If so, I bet you see it droping to Lean when it happens...

I am in agreement with getting the DSM AFC, you are most likely encountering the same problem many of us have. And that would be mazda's inability to correctly program ecu fuel curves so the car does not go lean under boost. This is what happens when you put a turbo on a engine/ecu steup that wasn't made for a turbo. The flash really doesn't do crap, I had it done and it just made the car go lean a liitle later then it did before. Resetting the ecu will help for about the first 5 minutes you drive it and then waalaa... back comes the hesitation. I have had this problem for 9 mos now and i have tried eveything short of an engine managment system....until now. I have the DSM AFC and finally i can say bye bye to the hesitaion. It makes the car feel totally different and is worth every penny. Good luck with it.

speedcicle said:
I am in agreement with getting the DSM AFC, you are most likely encountering the same problem many of us have. And that would be mazda's inability to correctly program ecu fuel curves so the car does not go lean under boost. This is what happens when you put a turbo on a engine/ecu steup that wasn't made for a turbo. The flash really doesn't do crap, I had it done and it just made the car go lean a liitle later then it did before. Resetting the ecu will help for about the first 5 minutes you drive it and then waalaa... back comes the hesitation. I have had this problem for 9 mos now and i have tried eveything short of an engine managment system....until now. I have the DSM AFC and finally i can say bye bye to the hesitaion. It makes the car feel totally different and is worth every penny. Good luck with it.
save me the search, how much is the DSM AFC?

310.00 shipped, it takes a little cutting and splicing of the ecu wires but it is overall an easy install. Definitely worth it.

Back