Hesitation at High MPH

jvohs83

Anyone here get a hesitation around 90mph+ at Wide Open Throttle? My Car almost jerks at high speeds when my foots in it. Doesn't matter what gear either. Is this the computer doing it? I lay off the gas and the mph still climbs, but stops hesitating at about half or 3/4 throttle.

(New to the forum)

so it doesnt at any speed and any gear but only at HIGH rpms?

have them check the fuel pressure at WOT and high RPM...see if its dropping off

No, it doesn't at high RPM, just moderatley high RPM's but the high MPH seems to be the main factor. And it only does it at WOT. 1st and 2nd gear at WOT are fine. But you get to third or higher and mash the throttle once it gets to about 85-90mph it almost jerks a little.

No sory, I actually have pull in 5th gear since the headers got put in, and its always smooth, but I got Nology cables, and if they do anything they smooth the revs out a bit.

Good Luck.

However, when on the highway and WOT in 4th, it feels like she goes a tad faster if I let off the gas slightly, I wonder why that is...

this is an RX8 6speed correct?

sounds like its a load issue, more load at WOT is causing hessitation....are you getting any flashing CEL, from a mis-fire?

Just noticed yesterday that it hesitates in every gear at high RPM's, just more noticable in the higher gears. Going to look at the air filter and maybe change the plugs. Only 23,000 miles on it though.... Confused.

Hesitation gone. I think the dealership I bought it from had the wrong oil in it. I put the recommended oil in, and now its fine. Still need to change the airfilter. But the hesitation has almost stopped

i like how you say "hesitation gone" and "hesitation has almost stopped" in the same post....

have the dealer (or someone) check the fuel pressure...I had the SAME problem with my car, and the problem would come and go....sometimes it would run fine, sometimes it was undrivable.....it was all related to the fuel pump failing.

Latest posts

Back