help

mgerst1

:
2003.5 Mazda Protege MAZDASPEED Laser Blue Mica
Hi all, have not posted for awhile. Having big problem with msp. My car is running extremely sluggish. Had a cel two months ago that went away before I could have it checked. Cannot go into boost. Car is dragging from a stop but once I get going I can accelerate somewhat normally. No matter what I do I cannot get past 10 on my vac gauge and I idle between 20 and 22 depending on weather. No white smoke coming from exhaust, no cracks that I can see from above. Air filter and maf are clean. Any ideas? Could wastegate be stuck open? I have 131,000 miles on motor. Replaced wastegate over 60,000 miles ago. Dont have alot to spend repairing so i am trying to get ideas of what it could be so i know if I need to dump it and get a new car.

Wastegate is definitely a culprit if the car isn't building any boost, happened to my car.

I have looked around and for the life of me cannot remember which wga I need. I have the atp wga but I cannot remember which one we need. I want stock boost pressure, is that 6 psi?

Wastegate was not the issue. My clutch was hanging on by a thread before leaving me stranded on the side of the road. Real fun $1200 fix. Starting to look forward to selling the msp in a few months

True and I think this clutch was originaln worn down to the rivets. Not bad for 132k miles. Btw is it normal for my ecu to get used to a new clutch? Car drives great now but when I come to a stop even in neutral im just barely not conking out. Idle at less than 1000 rpm

It was probably the clutch dragging and causing the idle drop, or you may have a vacuum leak that can cause it. The ecu was probably reset when the clutch was replaced so it could be relearning

Back